Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
very cool picture of a dozen 1911's. could that be some automatic machine guns behind those .45's ? were they nicnamed, grease guns used mostly by the para troopers.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
That is history right there!! Thanks for posting only a few out there will understand the resolve of our country back in the day!! I do appreciate the 1911 I have been fortunate to run across a few Colts over the years.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
i remember a few, maybe a dozon 1911's stored at are nation guard company back in the mid 80's. most of them had very early dates on them. don't know what ever happened to them when 9's came into issue. some one might have got a good deal ?

·
Registered
807 Posts
very cool picture of a dozen 1911's. could that be some automatic machine guns behind those .45's ? were they nicnamed, grease guns used mostly by the para troopers.
Good eye! I had one issue to me, in 1983. They cost about 20 bucks to make, 19 for the barrel, slider and pin, and 1 for the stamped steel ( everything else). Had a blast firing it at the range, accurate to about 25 yards, LOL.
I miss my M1911A1, may get one someday, they are expensive.

Maybe title the picture " a barrel of fun " ?

Thanks for posting, OP!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts