Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I spent some time with Edelbrock's tech dept. yesterday trying to fix the MAJOR stumble from the 1406 carb I put back on the weaksuck 350 that's temporarily residing in my Nova. After explaining that I had already gone thru multiple jet, metering rod, and spring changes; we decided to remove the air door(which should make it worse) It helped a little bit, but the hole is still there(step on the secondaries and it's like shutting the key off for a second) It wasn't too bad on the starting line although it was enough to slow the 60fts a bit; but the car did improve to 8.26/81.7 mph (12.96 1/4?)
Not bad for a junk 350 that was collecting rain water in my driveway!!
It seemed to want to rev beyond the 5200 rpm I used as a shift point on the 1-2 shift, so I went to about 5800 on the 2-3 shift. On the next pass I was going to try 5800-6000 on both shifts, but it kinda blubbered before the 1-2 shift and it fell off to an 8.32. When I heard the fuel pump sucking air at the end of the run, I think I know why she fell off! Oops! Cut it a little too close.

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
8.26 @ 81.7 would be more like 13.10s.
Not using any formula that I've used. Multiply your 1/8 mi. numbers by 1.57 for average times and you'll be REAL close. My car was usually extremely close using 1.561 as a multiplier. Don't have any data for this combo yet so I used 1.57. Look thru some National Dragster's and see what NHRA uses. It tends to vary from less than mine to almost your numbers depending on how fast the car runs.

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Whats it have done to it
It's a cheapo stock type rebuild--4 eyebrow cast pistons, stock iron heads(no idea which castings)Crane Energizer 272 hyd. cam, Edelbrock RPM Airgap/600 Edelbrock carb and headers. Made 3 passes today, and now the damn thing is spinning the tires off the line(drag radials) Must be making too much power!!!!! hehehehehe!! slowed to 8.30's because the 60fts were off almost 1/10th

1 - 7 of 7 Posts