Votes: 52 58.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Administrator
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are your contestants for this months ROTM!

Qwk

My 66' Chevy II (w/67 front end) has been in the family for over 20 years now. Its gone through a few changes, been sold a couple times, but always ends up, back in my garage.

MY latest engine combination:

LQ9 Block, Stock Crank, CNC'd Stock 317 heads, BTR cam & Valvetrain, Wieco pistons, K1 rods, 417 Intercooler, Twin 366 Turbos, all running on Pump E85. Custom Hot Side by Tin Soldier Racecars
Best ET, 8.59
Best MPH, 159
3465 lbs with me in it.
RifRaf

My current set-up:
ENGINE
Dart SHP 400 small block stroker.
Scat forged crank and rods.
SRP "D" dished pistons 10:1 Comp.
AFR 195 aluminum heads.
Edelbrock RPM air gap intake.
Holly 850 annular discharge carb.
Pertronix HEI Distributor.

SUSPENSION
Global West Tubular upper control arms with Delrin bushings.
Stock lower control arms with Del-a-lum bushings.
Proforged upper and lower ball joints (taller uppers) and Proforged taller tie rod ends.
Quick Ratio power steering upgrade.
1 1/8" CPP front sway bar.
Energy Suspension poly motor, trans, body, and differential mounts.
Competition Engineering subframe connectors.
Global West rear shackle kit with Del-a-lum bushings.

DRIVE TRAIN
2004R CK Performance Overdrive Transmission w/ Street Edge 2800 stall lock-up converter.
Strange Engineering 3 1/2" Chrome Moly driveshaft with 1350 front and rear U-joints.
Chevy 12 bolt posi with US Gear 411 ratio and Strange axles.
Stock mult-leafs.
Caltracs low profile bars.

WHEELS & TIRES
Front: Billet Specialties 16x7 with 225/55 R16
Rear: Billet Specialties 16x8 with 255/50 R16 Drag Radials
327steam

So I will enter for the Originality folks. Need one non custom to consider. This restoration was just finished in June. Dad and mom are original owners. Dad ordered car in Nov of 65 and took delivery in Jan 66. Was my first car and drove as every day driver for a few years. Complete restoration of an original L79 down to each nut and bolt.

327/350 HP Muncie M21, factory posi, factory metallic brake linings, push button Am radio, heavy duty suspension and a few other options.

·
Premium Member
5,539 Posts
All worthy of consideration!

But had to go with the OG L-79!

Great work everyone!

Mark

·
Registered
163 Posts
All nice cars. Almost any other month I would have fallen over myself to vote for Qwk but 327 Steam is just awesome.

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
It's TIME to VOTE for your ROTM ......

Let's Vote for your choice at the TOP of the PAGE.
They entered their Nova's , so , cast your vote

all three are very worthy to WIN .

·
Premium Member
3,854 Posts
Apples to oranges to strawberries.
They are all nice.
How can you compare them when so different?!
The red 66 took quite a bit of GREAT fabrication to build an engine like that and he concealed it between stock frame rails and under that 2” cowl. The way the turbos are laid out... the nice 417 intercooler...
I have the same radiator fittings. Well done! Beautiful car and great stance. Unfortunately race cars on this site don’t get much love. :-(
The car is legit.

Vs an L79 car...?
The other two don’t likely have the best shot this month.
I’d advise both entering during a different month.

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
This ' Vote is closed ' ........ but, very cool & VERY Nice Nova's

thanks for entering ...

and, looks to be 327steam .......

Congrats to You ................ very Nice .

thanks for your time .... jim

·
Registered
153 Posts
Thanks to everyone that took the time to vote this month. All entries were very nice cars and worthy of consideration. A special thanks for the ones that voted for the original car. It makes all the hard work rewarding. And a congrats to the other entries. You should be proud. Now if we can talk the administrators into having a vote for ROTY for all monthly winners within a year.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
327steam.... congrats to you and your 66 on the ROTM win. all three are great cars but there is something about those L-79 66's. as for a ROTY, batman was the last one i saw with a win like that. you don't see batman around anymore.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I wanted to congratulate 327steam on the ROTM win! The restoration of your original L79/1966 Nova SS looks impeccable and is truly world class!

I also wanted to acknowledge Qwk's twin turbo 66 Nova and the superb craftsmanship, innovation, and engineering in building a car that is both raced and street driven (and looks totally awesome too)!

I had a chance to read both of the other contestants build threads for their Novas and the stories were amazing.

I also wanted to thank everyone who had posted their generous comments about all of the cars shown in July's ROTM contest. I was glad just to be a player in this month's party!

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
327steam.... congrats to you and your 66 on the ROTM win. all three are great cars but there is something about those L-79 66's. as for a ROTY, batman was the last one i saw with a win like that. you don't see batman around anymore.
yes .... I've seen that he has been 'AWOL' around here also .
Bruce was / IS a very Good Guy & helped out many SNS members.

I wanted to congratulate 327steam on the ROTM win! The restoration of your original L79/1966 Nova SS looks impeccable and is truly world class!

I also wanted to acknowledge Qwk's twin turbo 66 Nova and the superb craftsmanship, innovation, and engineering in building a car that is both raced and street driven (and looks totally awesome too)!

I had a chance to read both of the other contestants build threads for their Novas and the stories were amazing.

I also wanted to thank everyone who had posted their generous comments about all of the cars shown in July's ROTM contest. I was glad just to be a player in this month's party!
Very well said ... Thanks , jim

·
Registered
318 Posts

Very well said, Thank you!

My first car was a 74 Nova, so when I saw your Gorgeous 74, it brought back some great memories. :D

Congrats to 327steam on an Amazing Nova!:)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Very well said, Thank you!

My first car was a 74 Nova, so when I saw your Gorgeous 74, it brought back some great memories. :D

Congrats to 327steam on an Amazing Nova!:)
You two are great guys with amazing cars. Thank you both for your comments. Think we are all winners in that we all have special cars. Enjoy them to the fullest for years to come. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
153 Posts

You two are great guys with amazing cars. Thank you both for your comments. Think we are all winners in that we all have special cars. Enjoy them to the fullest for years to come.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
To the Administrator of ROTM,
This may just be an over site... but I do not recall 327steam receiving an official notice/credit for their July 2019 ROTM win.
I also noticed that 327steam does not show a "ROTM Winner" banner under his post name.

The ROTM contest is always fun and I look forward to each each month. The July contest received 89 total votes and 327steam got 58% of this vote. I just wanted to bring this to the Administrator's attention so that they can credit 327steam on his achievement for the July ROTM contest.

Thanks!
Mike

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Well said --- RifRaf

I agree , thanks for your up-date …. Mike

(or why do we even "Enter" ).

later, jim

·
Registered
153 Posts
I just wanted to give a thanks to everyone that voted for the July ROTM. And that thanks goes to everyone....there were three nice Novas presented. I am a bit disheartened though. I know my car has been run down by some...but my dad and mom are tickled to death with the outcome. As well as many close friends. But for whatever reason on here, a post about it getting ROTM for July has never been started. Looking back all other winners had a post within 8 days, yet it has been over 45 days with nothing. As far as I can see this has never happened in the past. Don't want to sound like a whiner....but would someone care to enlighten the subject?? :( Thanks for the banner.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts