56 Posts
jkjk's 1966 SS

LS1.4l60e,411,
10 bolt
mini tub
relocated springs,
6pt cage
15 gal fuel cell
headers,1 1/2(homemade)+coated with 3in.collector extensions to a 2 1/2 x pipe+single chamber flowmasters.
275/60/15 15x10(modified) with 7 in backspace,215/60/15 15x6
PPG 3 stage (Stella blue/crystal pearl mix

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
That sure looks sweet, what pan did you use if I may ask, any probs,do you have stock front suspension?

·
Premium Member
6,852 Posts
Was gonna ask how you got a pic of my car. Then you opened the hood. Cool. Please put up more pics if you can.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you.I used a GTO pan but had to notch it on both sides,due to clearance issues for the power steering ram.With manual steering it shouldn't be a problem.Yes stock front susp.I'll try to get some more pics up.John

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I built the headers.For the fuel pump i used a external in line Bosch.Part#(E-8177)it's very quiet+reasonably priced.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Looks awesome!!! Very nice job, would love to see some undercarriage pics of the front and rear end.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you all for the compliments!I've done most of the work from jack stands in my home garage,so i don't have many good undercarriage pics yet.Hopefully I'll have it up on a friends lift this week to complete the exhaust+I'll get some better pics.:)

·
Banned
435 Posts
JK:

Absolutely STUNNING!

The right combination of original exterior and modern drivetrain.

Thank God you avoided the temptation to install 20" rims and tires. Your car is the way that car should look!

Nice going....

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Very nice, i have a LS1 im putting in mine. I will build the headers and other stuff. What throttle cable did you use? I also plan on using carb/intake set-up.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
h8t, I used a 36 inch Lokar cable assembly. Just completed the alignment at friends shop1/2 mile from home,I drove it home with open headers:devil::).I'm still smiling as i type this!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
All stock accessories,adapted new power steering pump to existing system.Motor mount adapter plates from Street+Performance.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Excellent job all around, your car looks great!:yes:

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
What header kit did you use to weld them up?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts