Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For a picture of what the car looked like when I purchased it, see below. It doesn't look quite like this any longer. I have removed the trim along the sides and shaved the side marker lights and door handles. Added a corvette stinger fiberglass hood from VFN and am going to paint it House of Kolor Tangelo in May '09. I am going to black powder coat the front & rear window trim and am thinking about changing to '71 bumpers since the '73 bumpers look like they came off of a Ford F-150. (they're kinda big!)

The particulars:
1973 2 door coupe with a stock 350 & stock 3 speed auto. I have no idea what the rear end gears are is except stock. It currently has a stock single exhaust... That has to go! The wheels/tires are Goodyear Tiger Paws that came with the car. It has stock rally wheels, beauty rings & caps. The interior is almost stock, black with a bench seat. The door panels were upgraded by the previous owner to have a matching accent stripe that matches the exterior color.
Except for an MSD distrubutor and door poppers the electrical is stock
Sound system is your run of the mill AM/FM/CD

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update

So I re-read my initial post & decided that it needed help. So I added new information about the car & it's current condition. I have been working on it @ Goldenwest Community College in Huntington Beach CA for the last 2 semesters getting it ready for paint. The link below shows the night my son & I installed the new hood. I'm still working on the body getting out some dents so I can paint by May. I realize that many of my other pictures aren't that great so I'll take some new ones later this week and post them.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Nice work Jim, the color should look great, i have shaved markers too, and love the hood, too many novas running the camaro cowl. Lets see more pics!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts