Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Vendor
7,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DOes anybody know what changes in jetting would be needed when going from a vented crank case to a PCV system?I would assume the PCV would cause a lean condition through all rpm ranges.Car runs well since adding the PCV system and does not dribble out the valve covers any more but I keep burning plug wires and the heat from the headers is starting to melt my Poly engine mounts.The engine was jetted on an engine dyne with out a PCV.

·
Premium Member
7,894 Posts
Are you sure you don't have another vacuum leak? Plug the PCV hose and take a vacuum reading and then re-connect the PCV and take another reading and see if there is a difference. If you suspect that you are running lean, read your plugs. If your headers are glowing it could be due to late ignition timing too.

·
Vendor
7,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Timing is all electronicly controled at 30 degrees total advance.I know it is conservitive but it is 11+ to 1 compression on pump fuel.Car runs great but started burning wires and melting things near the headers at freeway speeds cruising since the PCV was added.I have never been able to read plugs with the MSD all the time I have had my car through various engines the plugs do not seem to color.MSD dist,6al,MSD timing box with start and high speed retard.High speed is not being used.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
try jetting it up 4 sizes all around and see what it does. If it works drop 2 jet sizes and see if its okay. Its possible that you have a pcv valve that opens up too much. Do a search on here about pcv valves by Mike Goble.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts