Chevy Nova Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

Registered
1970 chevy nova
Discussion Starter · #43 ·

heres the GMC finished sorry for the wait forgot to post on here, this is all done by hand, hand drawn layout, 23k gold and then painted with 1 shot,
back to the nova..
i got the rest of the roof scraped off and then did some pinstriping practice on the "good side" which still has plenty of little dents and dings, i learned how to pinstripe on my last nova so it felt fitting to keep that practice tradition going.
20210527_181611.jpg

my Toe Board finally arrived yesterday and next week ill be placing a order for both quarters, outer wheel houses (rear) and the hood which seems to be out of stock everywhere (2in cowl steel hood)

Gm Nationals at Carlisle is coming up the end of june so i'll be on the hunt for a original passenger side door and front fenders. if i can not source decent original fenders ill buy newer ones

Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
Hi Jen ...............

If I may ......... you say you'll be replacing = Floors (toe boards) ; and replacing quarters & wheel housings .

My thing is too "replace - - like one item (like toe boards) ........... then , the next item ................. then ,
just keep moving ----

It's much better by keeping u'r car too come out Straighter . . . in the end . Which also means better
"panel / door / gaps" all around your car .

Some people ........ just go cutting everything 'off' .......... then wonder why they have gaps , either
too wide = or - - no gaps .

From an X - bodyman .............. (for over 12 yrs) ............ and just FYI .

and , my 2cents .....................................................................................................................
it's your car , and your way .

plus , I have spent a night or two ............... in a Holiday Inn ................ a long time ago .

jim

ps - - - -
and , very nice job on "the Lettering" , for those doors .

Reactions: lwlevens

Registered
1970 chevy nova
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Hi Jen ...............

If I may ......... you say you'll be replacing = Floors (toe boards) ; and replacing quarters & wheel housings .

My thing is too "replace - - like one item (like toe boards) ........... then , the next item ................. then ,
just keep moving ----

It's much better by keeping u'r car too come out Straighter . . . in the end . Which also means better
"panel / door / gaps" all around your car .

Some people ........ just go cutting everything 'off' .......... then wonder why they have gaps , either
too wide = or - - no gaps .

From an X - bodyman .............. (for over 12 yrs) ............ and just FYI .

and , my 2cents .....................................................................................................................
it's your car , and your way .

plus , I have spent a night or two ............... in a Holiday Inn ................ a long time ago .

jim

ps - - - -
and , very nice job on "the Lettering" , for those doors .
We are doing the floors one piece at a time then one quarter at a time and so on we know its much easier to keep things straighter this way we are both car people and he worked in classic car restoration for years. When I was a kid me and my dad did his chevelle that way also :) when I was listing the parts im getting in i didnt mean thats what im cutting into all at once but would rather have all the parts and keep a nice flow with everything being on backorder its been a crapshoot waiting on parts just trying to set it up so I can keep going on it

Registered
1970 chevy nova
Discussion Starter · #46 ·

Both Quarters and wheelhouses were delivered yesterday with only 1 casualty being 1 quarter, I ordered thru jegs and its all AMD, called jegs and they have been great to deal with very responsive its getting picked up next week but ill have to wait for the replacement which is totally fine because we have decided to get the Novas shell blasted so getting that ready for that will take time up and doing the floors and other quarter

Registered
1970 chevy nova
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
taking it down to the shell little by little at night did the firewall one night and now im fighting with things under the dash. Hoping to drop the steering column tomorrow and get all the gauges and wires out. Then clear out the trunk (its storing lots of parts) and get all the wires up and lights out
20210610_204444.jpg
20210608_213701.jpg 20210610_213818.jpg .

Registered
1967 Nova SS
I think I've spent more time "under the dash" than in the driver's seat. However, you look better suited to it. I'm a Fat Old guy.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts