Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running jeffco trans what you think about it?

My application bbc nova street/strip

building a 800 plus bbc

ford 9in with 370s

any used ones for sale??

·
Premium Member
7,732 Posts
Jerico transmission??
A Jeffco is a planetary trans for the street based on the Lenco drag trans.

They are very cool but really only necessary with a maximum pro street effort. They will handle like 2,000 HP.

Overkill for most applications on the street.

They require more maintenance than a "normal" transmission too. I think they recommend that you change the trans oil every 500 miles or so.

Still, if you have some kind of mountain motor or a supercharged big block producing over 1,000 ponies, the selection of transmissions that can handle the power start to get fewer and fewer.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I’ve seen a Jeffco ran on the street. Not a bad tranny. Super strong. Think the difference between it and a Lenco is the jeffco has helical cut gears instead of straight cut gears. The helical is much quieter and easier to downshift.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A Jeffco is a planetary trans for the street based on the Lenco drag trans.

They are very cool but really only necessary with a maximum pro street effort. They will handle like 2,000 HP.

Overkill for most applications on the street.

They require more maintenance than a "normal" transmission too. I think they recommend that you change the trans oil every 500 miles or so.

Still, if you have some kind of mountain motor or a supercharged big block producing over 1,000 ponies, the selection of transmissions that can handle the power start to get fewer and fewer.
ya pry overkill for my application just think there super cool and look like fun
:D

it may be my middle ground from a auto to a manual setup.. who knows haha all i know is there spend!! hence asking if theres any used out there

1 - 5 of 5 Posts