Interior: Black

Electrical:

Accessories/Options:

Sound system:

Additional Comments:

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Very nice car. I'll bet you turn a few heads with it.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oddball... you bet! It's always nice being the only one at every cruise and show I go to. Thanks for the comments

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Nice car Jeff... Love the color... My dream is to have a Pontiac, Olds, Buick and Chevy (Nova). One of each,, I think that would be cool...

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thought I would give some more specs on the car and put in a picture of the motor (before I painted the car, so you can see the goldish color the car once was)

406 small block chevy motor
600cfm Edlebrock Performer Carb
Ceramic coated headers
Summit air gap intake
Inner fenders removed
Battery in trunk
200 4R OD trans
4.10 posi rear
Interior dyed black
3A racing bucket seats
Manual drum brakes (next thing to go)
Manual steering

·
Registered
19 Posts
I also love being the odd ball. People see my ride and think Nova, then see the Olds emblem and don't know what to think. Welcome Jeff, beautiful Ventura.

·
Premium Member
2,330 Posts
Love the color too. Here is to all the odd balls born out of the "Nova" concept. :prost::beer1::canada:

GerryLP:cool:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
THanks for the comments... I definitely love being the odd ball I have had so many people tell me to buy the pieces and convert it to a Nova, but that would be a big mistake. I love the Nova, but this is a much rarer car. I see plenty of Novas at the shows, but never a ventura. I love being the only one!

The color is called Cadet Blue (it is metallic) and I painted it in my garage over the last month. I had never painted a car before and I started with trying the single stage thing - BIG mistake so I quickly moved to base-coat clear coat. I used PPG base coat - ended up being about 5-6 coats and then PPG omni clear coat - about 3 coats. I then wet sanded it with 1000, 1500 and finally 2000 and then buffed using meguirs products (Diamond cut then dual action then machine glaze). The final result is amazing - at least for my first car in my garage! I would highly encourage ANYONE to paint their car at home.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'd be happy to. It would be much easier for me to go over it on the phone with you. I'll PM you with my work #. I am on the East Coast so call me some morning and it will be around lunch for me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts