Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a JAZ plastic fuel cell i installed it and ran my car then a week later i noticed the top of the fuel cell was slightly sunk in i checked the vent fitting thinking it was plugged but it wasn't. Anybody have an idea what the problem can be??

·
Premium Member
1,849 Posts
Tends to be normal with plastic fuel cells. The only cure is to get an aluminum one next time.

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
I had a JAZ with the same problem it's got to do with the molding of the cell. I really got to hate mine. If your thinking of changing to another look for one that has a raised area in the middle around the filler opening. Like a harwood. I know they are not in the cell business anymore last I knew but look at a pic. of one to get an idea of what I'm talking about. Hope this help some I don't know of a way to fix yours.

·
Registered
31 Posts
plastic fuel cell

i heard the same thing about jaz from my local speed shop. they sold me an rci which was a little more but is holding up perfectly.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I've had a Harwood for over 10 years and it looks as goos as the day it was new. I havent personally seen any problems with the JAZ style (similar to Harwood design) but have seen my fair share of the RCI's look like crap and sagging. I would assume it is possible that too small of an outlet fitting on the suction side or to small of a vent could cause a problem. I always used a -8 vent fitting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts