Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
12,928 Posts
Jack is a member here at SNS. Hasn't posted for awhile. I've contacted Jack numerous times to learn things about L79 Chevy IIs. Needless to say, this is an outstanding car and, in my opinion, way below the money at the asking price.

Bob

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it
Jack is a member here at SNS. Hasn't posted for awhile. I've contacted Jack numerous times to learn things about L79 Chevy IIs. Needless to say, this is an outstanding car and, in my opinion, way below the money at the asking price.

Bob
is beautiful. perfect color combo IMO

·
12,928 Posts
Yes, one of the best in everyway. I can't see this car staying on the market very long at this price. $100K plus gets dropped at Barrett-Jackson for poorly restored L79s with no proof they're even real.

Bob

·
Vendor
1,313 Posts
It is a great color combo. Do not see that every day.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Although I have not seen the car in person from the pictures it appears that this is a meticulous and very detailed restoration and of museum quality. For a high end collector this is would make a very nice addition. I also don't see this car lasting very long at this asking price.

·
3,288 Posts
Museum would be sad. I love car museums, but it would be a shame to see it locked up like that. One of my '65 wagons was ordered in that color combo, and with tinted windows everything matched. Beautiful and rare color for an L79. That car at a car show would erase most other attendees.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Could I ask what all you guys mean by beautiful color combo? I'm not educated in originality and I always look at these posts and try to learn more from reading what you guys say. To me it looks like a very normal color scheme (beautifully done I'll add,) is there more to it than that, or just that its impeccably done?
Of course, beautiful car and awesome restoration!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,647 Posts
To me it looks like a very normal color scheme (beautifully done I'll add,) is there more to it than that, or just that its impeccably done?
To me that comment means that it's both pretty and unusual. A car very similar to that is how I got into Novas. My dad bought a new '66 SS 327/275 (L30) 4-speed in the late summer of '66. When we first saw it on the lot, it had a white top, but my dad liked the body color and the interior. As part of the purchase, the dealer agreed to paint the top the same color as the body. I was 16 when he bought it and I drove it a lot during my senior year in high school and my first two years of college. I/we have had several Novas, so I just refer to it as "Old Number One".

·
Registered
430 Posts
To me that comment means that it's both pretty and unusual. A car very similar to that is how I got into Novas. My dad bought a new '66 SS 327/275 (L30) 4-speed in the late summer of '66. When we first saw it on the lot, it had a white top, but my dad liked the body color and the interior. As part of the purchase, the dealer agreed to paint the top the same color as the body. I was 16 when he bought it and I drove it a lot during my senior year in high school and my first two years of college. I/we have had several Novas, so I just refer to it as "Old Number One".

View attachment 399070
That is a awesome picture and really cool to still have it!

·
12,928 Posts
Could I ask what all you guys mean by beautiful color combo? I'm not educated in originality and I always look at these posts and try to learn more from reading what you guys say. To me it looks like a very normal color scheme (beautifully done I'll add,) is there more to it than that, or just that its impeccably done?
Of course, beautiful car and awesome restoration!

The majority of L79 Chevy II super sports seem to be Marina Blue, Ermine White, Regal Red or Tuxedo Black. Black interiors seem to dominate with all 4 of these colors. The turquoise interior in Jack's car is probably what catches the eye, as it's quite rare. Combined with the Tropic Turquoise exterior, it makes for a great combo and is a nice change from the predominately black interiors we see in so many super sports. Turquoise interiors were also available with white, black, Artesian Turquoise and, believe it or not, Lemonwood Yellow 1966 SS exteriors.

Bob

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The majority of L79 Chevy II super sports seem to be Marina Blue, Ermine White, Regal Red or Tuxedo Black. Black interiors seem to dominate with all 4 of these colors. The turquoise interior in Jack's car is probably what catches the eye, as it's quite rare. Combined with the Tropic Turquoise exterior, it makes for a great combo and is a nice change from the predominately black interiors we see in so many super sports. Turquoise interiors were also available with white, black, Artesian Turquoise and, believe it or not, Lemonwood Yellow 1966 SS exteriors.

Bob
Lemonwood Yellow with turquoise interior is different. I would love to see a pic? I love Tropical Turquoise. My 67 was originally Emerald Turquoise and if I ever paint it, it will go from black back to emerald turq

·
12,928 Posts
Lemonwood Yellow with turquoise interior is different. I would love to see a pic? I love Tropical Turquoise. My 67 was originally Emerald Turquoise and if I ever paint it, it will go from black back to emerald turq
I asked some time ago if anyone had knowledge or pictures of a 1966 Lemonwood Yellow SS with a turquoise interior.
No response, which isn't a surprise. Don't imagine too many of those were built. Lemonwood Yellow was also available with a fawn interior, which is just about as rare.

Bob

·
Registered
430 Posts

Bob
Thanks for explaining that to me, all makes perfect sense.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts