Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is my Mr Gasket V Gate shifter, Muncie M20 4 speed, I have the clutch pedal assembly and all linkages. I need bell housing, flywheel clutch and pressure plate. I am fairly sure any SBC Bell housing will work, Flywheel not so sure. What do I look for to make sure I have the proper one for my crank? Also, will the Crossmember work from my 350 Turbo Hyd Trans to the four speed?

Attachments

·
Registered
349 Posts
Flywheel = 1st need to make sure you have the correct one for your engine, internal balance, external balance ?

Crossmember= Same one for TH350 and Muncie

Also, from personal experience, make sure you use the longest bolts possible or studs to attach that Vertigate to the muncie, for all the strength you can get.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Be aware there are a couple differant bellhousings, one has a larger opening, I believe they are for pickup trucks, the other is smaller and fits the Muncie trans. Iam not sure if the 10.5" flywheel and the 11'' fit in all bellhousings. though. could go with a Lakewood or simuliar shaterproof bell.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, good to know about the cross member, and I got pretty long bolts with it.
I'll check on the Bell Housing before I order it. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts