Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a few hours of cursing and yelling, the 502 is finally mounted and ready for the next steps. here is a pic.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Congrats Super Nova, looks great!

·
Premium Member
1,598 Posts
Greetings,

Looks real nice! Two thumbs up here!

Jason

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
Very nice.:cool: ...glad to see you got the frame mount issue sorted out..:)

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SuperSport said:
Quick question. Is it safe to drop a big block with that lift plate? I was wondering how much wieght an aliuminum intake can support.
Anyways, awesome 502. Car is going to fly!
You know, I asked the engine builder the same question. He told me, "That's all they use" they have no problem removing iron headed BBC with trans with an aluminum intake.

I can tell you, with all the trouble I had, I must have had the motor and trans in and out of the car 10 or more times, and yes I was really nervous that the intake would crack. But there was no problems. In fact I would recommend using one of those things. It made it allot easier to maneuver the motor around.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
69NovaSS said:
Very nice.:cool: ...glad to see you got the frame mount issue sorted out..:)

This is what I had to do.
placed 1/8 inch thick washers between the mount and the frame, on the top 2 frame mount bolts. on both sides.
I did not tighten the mount bolts down till I had the motor mounted.There was enough play that i was able to mount the motor and trans, then snug down the frame mounts. One of the members here gave me that tip.

The factory BBC mounts with the Moroso motor mounts would not line up on their owne. I purchased 2 set of BBC frame mounts, and 2 sets of different solid motor mounts. None of them perfectally lined up. I was shocked to see how much difference ther was between the 2 set of frame mounts.

Any way, thanks for all the help and ideas guys. I have learned, that sometimes you just need to do some fabrication, and things go allot easier.

Aaron

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
I am glad you got your 502 in.

I also got mine in this past weekend. But I had to go through 4 sets of frame mounts.

I have a few questions though. Do you have power steering? Do you have the exhaust manifolds on? Did you measure for the clearance between the fan and radiator. All of these are issues I ran into.

And what mounts did you end up with?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
RallyNova said:
I am glad you got your 502 in.

I also got mine in this past weekend. But I had to go through 4 sets of frame mounts.

I have a few questions though. Do you have power steering? Do you have the exhaust manifolds on? Did you measure for the clearance between the fan and radiator. All of these are issues I ran into.

And what mounts did you end up with?
I bought 2 sets of moroso solid motor mounts this is the one that worked.
#62515 2 1/2 tall and 2 3/8 wide

I also had 2 sets of frame mounts
3912598 RH & 3912597 LH Big Block replacement engine mounts.
3980942 RH & 3980941 LH Big Block engine mounts.
the replacement mounts fit best.

I have a manual steering box,
headers will go on this weekend,
Rad and fan assembly will go on this weekend also.
I'll keep you posted if I have any issues.

Aaron

1 - 14 of 14 Posts