Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys, after being absent from this forum for I'm guessing 14 years back when I had my 67 Nova and several cars later I'm back.

Picked up a new project yesterday, 69 Nova. It appears to be a good starting point for a modest build.

I know there is no real way to tell if its a SS as I have no paper work for it but it appears as if it MIGHT be.

Its a 142 car with bench seat, front fined drum brakes, dual exhaust, 4 speed that the PO eliminated but left the pedals? Currently has as 350 trans. and 350 motor.

Body is straight and has a good paint job but very bad prep prior to paint so it will needs completly redone.

Basically it was a project that was abandoned after the paint job was seen I am guessing.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
:waving:Welcome from Wisconsin! :horse: Pics? One thing for sure, you can't tell if it was an SS from the vin#. I'm not sure if the '69's were like the '71's, but my '71 SS came with 14X7 wheels and power disc brakes in the front; drums in the rear. Also, it had sway bars front and back, and dual exhaust, so there would be factory exhaust pipe hangers underneath. Undoubtedly there are other things to check, and hopefully somebody else will post and help. Documentation is the only 100% way to be sure.
Check out this thread, post in it, and join our 3rd gen social group.
https://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=630617

·
Premium Member
3,717 Posts
Hi guys, after being absent from this forum for I'm guessing 14 years back when I had my 67 Nova and several cars later I'm back.
Welcome back! Always good to see folks return to the forum. :yes:

Picked up a new project yesterday, 69 Nova. It appears to be a good starting point for a modest build.

I know there is no real way to tell if its a SS as I have no paper work for it but it appears as if it MIGHT be.
First, if it came with finned drums in front, it's almost certainly NOT an original SS car, as front disc brakes became standard on the '69s.

Otherwise, here's what NovaResource has to say about the '69 SS models:
1969 Super Sport - RPO Z26

Model Availability: Nova coupe - 11427

Power Train Availability
..350 V8 4V L48
..396 V8 4V L34
..396 V8 4V L78

Equipment (used in addition to or in place of standard equipment)
Exterior
..Front fender side louver ornament (bright edge)
..Special hood ornaments
..Black painted grille with bright upper and lower horizontal bars
..Black painted rear end panel trim plate
..Under hood insulation
.."SS" emblem on grille and rear end panel
..Engine Chrome
Interior
..Black steering wheel, shroud and column with "SS" emblem on shroud
Chassis
..Red stripe, wide oval E70-14-4PR tires on 14x7 rim
..F40 Heavy duty suspension (F41 Sport suspension optional)
..Front disc brakes with power assist

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
thanks guys, doesn't really matter to me if its an SS was just stating what I had. Can't beat it IMO for 4k.

for some reason I can't post pictures

1 - 12 of 12 Posts