Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
its ALIVE............194 update

:yes:so today i came home and fiddled with the wagon for about a half hour and got the ignition all hooked up and the engine harness done and hit the key.....it spun over...i primed the carb and pow fired right up..
i know it does'nt seem really like a big deal being a measly 194..
but hey its running..i rewired the whole car(e-z harness) and new floors
got the interior almost done all but the seats ..they will be done next week...
simple custom covers red with silver/grey piping..any way thanks for reading
heres the dash all but the pad and wheel

heres the wheel im gonna run

let me know what ya'all think
craig

·
Super Moderator
67 4 door, 65 wagon (in pieces)
6,636 Posts
I know how you feel. I got to my parents tonight to pick up my dog and my Dad had the polebarn open and I caught a glimpse of Lucille under her cover (still too much snow to get her out but at least I've laid eyes on her!)

Oh yeah, :pics:

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Don't ever count a Chevy Inline Six Out

No suprise it started. These engines are amazing. I have a Chevy with a SB V8 and I have my Chevy Inline Sixes. I gotta say there is something about those sturdy reliable sixes that is heartwarming.
"Long May They Run"!:)

James

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
BTW Nice Wheel

Craig,
where do you score one of those wheels?:cool:

·
Registered
326 Posts
what!!!!

:yes:so today i came home and fiddled with the wagon for about a half hour and got the ignition all hooked up and the engine harness done and hit the key.....it spun over...i primed the carb and pow fired right up..
i know it does'nt seem really like a big deal being a measly 194..
but hey its running..i rewired the whole car(e-z harness) and new floors
got the interior almost done all but the seats ..they will be done next week...
simple custom covers red with silver/grey piping..any way thanks for reading
heres the dash all but the pad and wheel

heres the wheel im gonna run

craig
you say you got a complete harness?....how much did that run you??....i have a 1963 nova just pulled out of the junk yard and have been looking all over for a complete harness,,thanks

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
My 230 had some pep too.....with a 3 speed...She'd sqauk leaving the stop sign.....And that was mostly by accident.....If I really wanted to I could wake up the neighbors.....Cant wait to get the 327 fired......neighbors are gonna hate me....and love me at the same time..........I think I've seen three 66's in the four years I've lived here...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Awsome, you'll be on the road before you know it. How did the E-Z harness go in as far as where you put your fuse panel? I remember you was saying somthing about locating it in the rear? Great to see someone making some progress. Now if I could get back on the ball again.:D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Congrats! I just fire up the 383 i helped my uncle build last night! Great feeling! You'll be cruising her sooner then you think man!

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
craig
Craig: Couldn't post a reply about the interior paint in the Car Profiles section. For for some reason the site won't let me. Just want to say that it turned out great.

Also glad to see you have the 6 running.

Jay

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

thanks guys
its comming along nice...........
the e-z harness was ..pretty easy just alot of sorting and routing
everything needed to be spliced cause you have to cut the wires to the length you need i recomend a good pair of strippers and a good pair of crimpers and i used heatshrink connectors for all of it..
im goung to get the rest of the harness buttoned up tonight and tommorow
ive got to work saturday..
Vince has been off school all week so he has been plugging away at the interior posts sanding and priming..
hopefully it will be all done but bodywork in 2 weeks then he can start driving it(well im going to drive it for a few days to get the bugs out)
ill keep the updates comming
thanks again
craig

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
you say you got a complete harness?....how much did that run you??....i have a 1963 nova just pulled out of the junk yard and have been looking all over for a complete harness,,thanks
it was 172$ shipped right from e-z ....the mini 12 kit is the one i got

john ...i mounted it down and left of the stock location..wasnt enuf wire to mount it in the rear

1 - 15 of 15 Posts