Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a very original 64 SS and wanted to throw this out there. I know this is a stretch, but I'm trying to figure out where these mats came from. I want to replace these, however, if they are original then I may just leave them there. The lion logo throws me though. What does the forum think?

·
Super Moderator
3,415 Posts
Definitely vintage, but not like any Chevrolet or Chevrolet dealer floor mat I have ever seen. Those might be tough to track. They certainly fit with the year of the car.

·
Premium Member
1,375 Posts
Here we go. I've never seen a lion logo but I've never been around many foreign made cars either. I'm gonna post a couple of photos just to satisfy the search so if anyone has any objections for me posting the photos, let me know and I'll edit them out.

I'm not sure but the lion looks strikingly similar to the early years Peugeot logo. Somewhere around 1955 or so. Check it out.
Peugeot 1 jpg.jpg Peugeot 2 jpg.jpg

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here we go. I've never seen a lion logo but I've never been around many foreign made cars either. I'm gonna post a couple of photos just to satisfy the search so if anyone has any objections for me posting the photos, let me know and I'll edit them out.

I'm not sure but the lion looks strikingly similar to the early years Peugeot logo. Somewhere around 1955 or so. Check it out.
View attachment 401251 View attachment 401252
Yup thats it. So funny. Thanks

View attachment 401251 View attachment 401252
That's it. Wow thanks. Never thought to look for another car logo.... Well

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
They fit the car's floor quite nicely, avoiding the dimmer switch and gas pedal.
They look like they have found a home and have lived there a long time.
I would leave them be.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts