Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After tons of problems, including burned piston during dyno (which took out two more pistons and bent two valves), unusable heads that needed hours of grinding (Victor Jr, what a sh-t), need for bigger headers (2" primary needed. Heck of a job to build headers first time!), blown tranny....... I finally got the car to run.

And result was: 9.93, 9.80 and last run was 9.77. All spinning of the line, so absolutely room for improvement.
It is a 377 with some Nos (cheater plate)...

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Nice runs! I agree lower that rear down and it should help a bit.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thx for the comments.

awes-ome!:D:devil:
:). Was thinking of calling myself "AWESome Racing"....

And yes the car become very high in the back with the 30" tires, will lower the back an inch or so tomorrow. Just fabbing some lowering blocks.

For the next race I will use both fogger and cheater plate :) (only cheater with an old "conversative" setup on the vid)

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Work done, aiming for even better time :)
Back lowered 1", Nos system rewired. Fogger will go directly in the throttle switch and the cheater plate is going to be triggered by the switch in the steering wheel (via a delay box).
I will also use much less pressure in the tires. I was on around 12psi, but will drop to something like 8psi.

And I found this from my 9.77 run :) (tire was spinning a lot re spectators)

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
is that 9.77 in the quarter mile or eighth mile?bm
Quater....
Somebody took out the 1/8 sensors during the day, but I did 6.38/9.93 in an earlier run (less traction, 1.5 60ft)

·
Premium Member
6,444 Posts
Hey congrat's on breaking into the 9's. I have a question for ya. Is that fully prep track. Because it sound's like either the car is having traction issues or the track is not properly prepped.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey congrat's on breaking into the 9's. I have a question for ya. Is that fully prep track. Because it sound's like either the car is having traction issues or the track is not properly prepped.
You are right, I'm spinning of the line quite a bit.
No prep what so ever. An old airstrip with concrete surface (the first 200m, after that asphalt).
Usually quite good traction here from old rubber, but just before this weekend they had remover almost all old rubber because the layer was too thick.
We have had people doing PB in 60ft on this track with ProStreet type of cars, but not this weekend....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts