Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally got some life back in the black 70 th400 L78 tonite. lots of wrenching on the motor: new valve springs, retainers, seals...and new timing chain and gears. put on a 163 hi-rise and 850 VS Holley...lot of old school odds and ends..had some set backs with the fuel system(tank is plugged up)..motor sounds great..real strong. Anxious to get the other issues fixed and then give her a workout. 4.56 rear should make it jump!

wilma

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
I've got those motion repop valve covers on my sbc:). Just gotta find a decal for the middle:(

Kev

·
Premium Member
7,407 Posts
I think those are old Cal Custom Valve covers:cool: . They were used by Motion Performance and he trimmed the ends off his badges to fit the covers. The repops on Ebay are quite different. Hey Tom, the Nova looks great! lets have A look at the underside and see what your doin to the suspension !:cool:

Tommy:)

·
Premium Member
11,285 Posts
I think it would look much better in MY driveway.:D Really tho, its looking real nice. Where is the burn out pic.?:(

Don

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
Tom....the car looks awesome.....love the day two old skool look to it:cool:

·
Registered
278 Posts
That second picture is the shiznit! That looks awesome. Modern mods and such are alright, but IMHO, you just can't beat a TASTEFULLY done '70s Day 2 look. Those front wheels look HUGE! I love that steel wheel look also. NICE :cool:

·
Registered
243 Posts
hey paul, clean out your mailbox!! must be a lot of messages from all your girl friends

wilma
Paul
I looks like your car is comming along keep up the nice work.

Jason
Mailbox cleaned out. Thanks for the vote of confidence. Progress is slower then I would like but it's a busy time of year. We'll keep on plugging along. Jason saw the car on the road the other day. Looks and sounds great. Will stop by and check it out in person.

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
the project..

Nova_Guy said:
Is that the intake I sold you ?

That is the 163 that came with my 68 car but had a later date than I needed...yours will be going on my 68 L78 car which is next in the rotation to be done. this 70 has lots of original type items from the day: lifter galley oil shield, factory BB hi-perffuel pump, 2000 series L78 distributor, your 163 with heat risers blocked, 850 VS Holley from a 68 L88 motor, all new valve springs, keepers, retainers, seals and double roller timing set. flex fan and 4 core BB radiator, 8mm plug wires, hi energy GM coil, etc, etc. need to work on some small issues and then get suspension. should be making more progress after GM Carlisle...

wilma

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
On the first pic I thought the back window of that truck cap was a giant grump lump :D
M

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'm telling you, that thing needs a chrome straight axle in the front, throw a couple of moon eyes stickers down in the lower fender corners, paint the gas tank and rear white (remember that fad folks?). Did that car ever run 'Shine down south.? Love SULLY

·
Registered
905 Posts
I gotta admit, I thought the same thing about the grump lump. I was wonderin why it was so close to the front.
I agree with Sully. Chrome straight axle. Don't forget the cool can too.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts