Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A quick clip of it starting up and running with open headers :eek:!

I cut off the video before it started acting up. After about 30-45 seconds it will sputter a bit and not run as smooth, and when I let off the throttle it dies. If I let it sit a few minutes the problem repeats. I bought a fuel test gauge and not running it has 60# and running it has 50#. I was wondering if maybe the sock on the end of the pick-up in the tank may be collapsing? What are your guy's thoughts?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Check the mass air flow and make sure it is flowing in the correct direction....

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Congratulations! :yes:

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I do not recall. Are you running DBC or DBW? If it is DBW make sure the pedal is hooked up and that the ignition hot is hooked up too. Mine would not idle under 2k and ran like poo with the ignition hot disconnected.

Good to see you got it to run!

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
If you are running the earlier style fuel rails with the regulator built in then the fuel pressure will read low at idle and anytime you have manifold vacuum. If you are running a fuel pressure regulator that does not reference manifold vacuum (Corvette filter/regulator or in tank regulator) then the line pressure should remain constant relative to atmosphere. The tuning in the computor for each of these types of systems is different and must be correct for the aplication.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good news, i took the tank back down and removed the sock. It looked like it was kinked somewhat. I installed the tank and my problem seems to have gone away, Hurray! :D

Sent from my SGH-T959V using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts