Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my build has come to a screeching halt. The new tail light panel that I purchased from GM Classics is a piece of junk. Looks good but the fit is terrible - $395 down the drain. So now I'm looking for an excellent quality used tail light panel. I'd prefer the whole piece but I'd take just the pieces that the tail lights bolt to. I have a friend, that lives in another part of the country, and has located a panel for me, but due to Covid-19 it will be awhile before I can go pick it up. So, I'm asking if anyone has a good, clean, not rusted tail light panel that they will sell. I will settle for just the left and right pieces from the seam attached to the center behind the bumper piece. Anyone able to help me out?

Attachments

·
Registered
894 Posts
None of the aftermarket sheelmetal is much good. All of it will have to be "worked" but can be used most of the time. Getting good original sheetmetal is getting harder. I put a tail section and trunk pan in my 65. It wasn't great but I made it work and in the end it looks fine.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I also bought a new 1 piece rear panel for my 66. The problem I had was it ended up being about 3/8" to wide so I couldn't get the panel gap below the window to meet up right with the quarters. We had to cut the spot welds loose to narrow it up. If I would ever do another I would buy the 3 pieces and fit them.

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I also bought a new 1 piece rear panel for my 66. The problem I had was it ended up being about 3/8" to wide so I couldn't get the panel gap below the window to meet up right with the quarters. We had to cut the spot welds loose to narrow it up. If I would ever do another I would buy the 3 pieces and fit them.
Same here, had to pull it towards the deck lid. My pieces do not come close to following the contour of the deck lid edge.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts