Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would post this up for those of you that haven't heard of this system. Basically it is a new system that does away with the traditional wire from switch to light type of setup. It also lets you program a lot of really neat and cool things like if you have an AirRide system you can program it to lift(or lower) your car to whatever height you want when before getting in the car. Check out the video. Really cool system.

http://www.isispower.com/?cm_mmc=Protouring.com-_-Forum-_-Right Nav-_-Restomod Adv

John

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Thought I would post this up for those of you that haven't heard of this system. Basically it is a new system that does away with the traditional wire from switch to light type of setup. It also lets you program a lot of really neat and cool things like if you have an AirRide system you can program it to lift(or lower) your car to whatever height you want when before getting in the car. Check out the video. Really cool system.

http://www.isispower.com/?cm_mmc=Protouring.com-_-Forum-_-Right Nav-_-Restomod Adv

John

Kewl stuff there John! Are you using this in your Nova?

·
Premium Member
11,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kewl stuff there John! Are you using this in your Nova?
:yes:

Seems like diagnostics would be a beeotch and repairs expensive but a very cool toy.:yes:
On the contrary, rather than having to chase down which wire is shorting the system will tell you from the master cell that, first, there is a problem, and where it is and, secondly, you'll go to that powercell and the LED light will tell you which circuit is not working properly. Basically it'll run it down for you up to where the light/Switch goes to the powercell. You just replace the wire or fix whatever the problem is in that area and you're done!

John

·
Premium Member
11,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i work on mulitplex systems everday , i am a bus mechanic for transit system and all of the buses have been using muliplex for years, takes a little bit to learn , but once you get the theory , its very easy to troubleshoot and work with.........
You having worked on these types of systems for years, what is your take on them versus a traditional wiring system?

John

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
i would be interested in hearing your thoughts as well, i just dont see where this is saving much, you are still running wires (granted under dash stuff is smaller & most importantl safer) is it easier to troubleshoot (i assume)?

·
Premium Member
11,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i would be interested in hearing your thoughts as well, i just dont see where this is saving much, you are still running wires (granted under dash stuff is smaller & most importantl safer) is it easier to troubleshoot (i assume)?

You won't "save" money buy doing this system vs. traditional wiring but what you will benefit from is easier installation and more options as far as the control you'll have along with easier diagnostics.

John

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
honestly on our type of hobby cars i really don t see the benefit to running one of these systems, we just dont have that much of complex amount of wiring and cicuits to begin with, on the outside where thses are used on comercial vehicles such as the buses i work on, they have some many differnt systems and technology throghout the bus that get tied in together that standard wiring would be a nightmare to wire up none the less troubleshoot,

troubleshooting a mulitplex system is just a matter of following standard typ trouble trees and reading the lights, the lights tell you everthing ....it really easy user freindly one you get use to it ....

·
Premium Member
11,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
honestly on our type of hobby cars i really don t see the benefit to running one of these systems, we just dont have that much of complex amount of wiring and cicuits to begin with, on the outside where thses are used on comercial vehicles such as the buses i work on, they have some many differnt systems and technology throghout the bus that get tied in together that standard wiring would be a nightmare to wire up none the less troubleshoot,

troubleshooting a mulitplex system is just a matter of following standard typ trouble trees and reading the lights, the lights tell you everthing ....it really easy user freindly one you get use to it ....
You don't think that their would be any benefit in terms of the actual installation time and complexity?

What if you wanted to automate some stuff like Tim(3DTIM) wants to do in his '53? He wants to have the bag system go to a preset ride height everytime you start the car. One of the other things that impressed me was that you don't have to wire your head/tail ligts with separate circuits for normal operation and hazard. They can run on the same wire you just program it from the switch to the mastercell to have that particular switch activates the way the lights behave. You can also program it so that when you activate the key fob the dome light will go on along with whatever other electrical endpoint you have wired to the mastercell and you can control the duration the lights stay on or go off.

One of the things I plan on incorporating in my build is a carputer to run audio/video/nav etc. I can have the carputer boot up when I activate the door locks so that when I get in the car the carputer is already up and running.

John

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.