Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all and thanks in advance.Have a chance to buy a 69 Nova ss with not the originial motor.Body is good with no rust and nice paint.He's asking $ 10,000.Is this in the ball park and is it worth it?

·
Premium Member
1,598 Posts
Greetings,

Well it better be REAL nice for that kind of money!

Jason

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
tommieb said:
Hi all and thanks in advance.Have a chance to buy a 69 Nova ss with not the originial motor.Body is good with no rust and nice paint.He's asking $ 10,000.Is this in the ball park and is it worth it?
Got a pic?What motor and tranny?What is the interior like?More info needed.bm

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
What kind of options,bucket,console,guages,trim,these will alter the value of the car.Even the original color.

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
What is it worth..

Besides the usual response: as much as someone will give you for it.....I have a personal formula that may help.

Consider what it would cost to build or restore a similar car to same level of fit and finish. If you can't build it for what the selling price is (and in most cases you can't) then it may be worth considering. You would be hard pressed to build anything of substance for $10k....a quality driveline can cost $5-7k alone. If the car is solid and can be driven and enjoyed now, then 10K is not alot of money...being an SS just adds to the equation...post some photos and details so we can help you further. Sounds like a no brainer to me. If the paint is nice, the car is rust free, and it runs and drives...buy it!

wilma:shh:

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
What is it worth..

it's basically worth what you want to pay. if it's solid, good engine and well kept, then it's probably worth it. usless you want to rebuild another car and endure the costs associated with that build. the build will cost you more, probably much more. sort of like buying a house that is $2000 more than you want to spend. if you don't pay the extra money and you like the house, don't say i wish i would have spent the $2000, after someone else bought the house. don't mean to sound harsh, it's just that $10K isn't much money for a good car. may be a once in a life time investment. good luck.....

·
Registered
871 Posts
I agree with tom you can't build a quality driver for ten grand! Those days are long gone. I have been seeing 68-72 6 cylinder cars selling for 2-3 grand all winter and they need a total restoration. If it is what you want buy it the value is only going to go up.

Jason

1 - 8 of 8 Posts