Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Nope. No tinted film allowed from b pilar forward or further down then 6" on windshield. I know it sounds dumb but they say you can install a clear film only.

·
Registered
482 Posts
talking about tint. Have you guys seen the 3m crystaline tint ? it's really cool stuff. it reflects like 90% of the UV. it keeps the interior really cool. I did it on my daily driver. little expensive tho.

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
I am glad in Illinois, I can go as Dark as I want on any of my Nova's and the police cannot due a thing about it!! :yes: :devil:

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
talking about tint. Have you guys seen the 3m crystaline tint ? it's really cool stuff. it reflects like 90% of the UV. it keeps the interior really cool. I did it on my daily driver. little expensive tho.
Off subject...wil...are you coming to the mini nats?

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
I am glad in Illinois, I can go as Dark as I want on any of my Nova's and the police cannot due a thing about it!! :yes: :devil:
Yeah your lucky just like the guys in Arizona and I'm sure just about every other state except California

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah your lucky just like the guys in Arizona and I'm sure just about every other state except California
cause we have a bunch of idiots with guns waiting to ambush cops:mad:(im sure other states do to but it seems out of control here)

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
cause we have a bunch of idiots with guns waiting to ambush cops:mad:(im sure other states do to but it seems out of control here)
I'm sure your right god knows I've had my share of idiots. I still don't like it though.

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
Trust me Illinois is not smart about the law. There are all kinds of ways around the tint laws out here. Just have to really look into the law book. You cannot Tint front glass (side door in front of B pillar) with any tint darker then 25% if I am not mistakin. Been a while since I looked into the law. 12-503 paragraph F states any car manufactured prior to January 1st 1982, this law does not apply. Hence why all my Nova's fit that category. They figure most drug dealers drive new cars, why the law mostly applies to newer cars or that seems what they target for out by me. Most drug dealers or gang bangers do not drive old hot rods. Bottom line if a cop wants to pull ya over, The tinted windows usually gives him a reason. Even if the law doesn't apply to my Nova, they officers play dumb!!

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Trust me Illinois is not smart about the law. There are all kinds of ways around the tint laws out here. Just have to really look into the law book. You cannot Tint front glass (side door in front of B pillar) with any tint darker then 25% if I am not mistakin. Been a while since I looked into the law. 12-503 paragraph F states any car manufactured prior to January 1st 1982, this law does not apply. Hence why all my Nova's fit that category. They figure most drug dealers drive new cars, why the law mostly applies to newer cars or that seems what they target for out by me. Most drug dealers or gang bangers do not drive old hot rods. Bottom line if a cop wants to pull ya over, The tinted windows usually gives him a reason. Even if the law doesn't apply to my Nova, they officers play dumb!!
I totally understand what your saying. In cal its a tool even if you don't get cited I get to talk to you smell for pot see if you have a license the list goes on its just a tool

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
MOST OF THE TIME THE POLICE DON'T EVEN CARE ABOUT THE TINT AROUND HERE! I'VE HAD TINTED WINDOWS SINCE THE MID 80s AND I'VE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH THE COPS. IN FACT THEY ASKED MY WIFE TO REMOVE IT FROM MY TAHOE AND GAVE HER A FIX IT TICKET! :rolleyes: THAT'S THE ONLY INCIDENT IN NEARLY 30 YEARS OF TINT!

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
I totally understand what your saying. In cal its a tool even if you don't get cited I get to talk to you smell for pot see if you have a license the list goes on its just a tool
good thing i don't smoke... uuh... uuum... nuthin' in my car :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no:

1 - 20 of 74 Posts