Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,554 Posts
Probably legal, but very shady :rolleyes::eek:

He's saying that it's a "collectible". Meaning that the buyer is theoretically going to frame the two items and hang them in his garage. Like that's going to happen...

Illegal according to State Statute.:no:

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
It looks like the blocked out parts protecting the owner's name... etc, is on the title and not added by a graphic program. I downloaded the pictures then enlarged them. The blackened areas have the same resolution as the rest of the picture. Usually if you're going to do this with photoshop or another program, the resolution is different.

Someone may be dissapointed when this title comes in the mail.

What do you guys think?

Jim Smith

·
Premium Member
3,554 Posts
It looks like the blocked out parts protecting the owner's name... etc, is on the title and not added by a graphic program. I downloaded the pictures then enlarged them. The blackened areas have the same resolution as the rest of the picture. Usually if you're going to do this with photoshop or another program, the resolution is different.

What do you guys think?

Jim Smith
That may be, still wouldn't want to be the one holding the VIN plate when the OSP comes knocking.

·
Premium Member
7,732 Posts

What do you guys think?

Jim Smith

It depends how the software saves the picture.

·
Premium Member
3,151 Posts
Gone

Anyone have the info saved? I wanted to see if the build date and VIN actually matched.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
You couldn't see any info on either the title or tag.

·
Premium Member
7,732 Posts
As i suspected!

Item was pulled do to legality reasons.........

That didnt take to long..........
It was pulled because it violated the eBay seller's policy.

Here's the rule:

"The following items may not be listed on eBay:

• Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) Plates, VIN Plate Rivets, Vehicle Titles, Vehicle Title Stock, Autocheck/Carfax reports. Vehicle Titles may only be referenced in listings when accompanied by a functioning vehicle."

1 - 13 of 13 Posts