Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
One of the things that I told my wife that I wanted for Christmas was a 4 speed shifter ball....what I didn't tell her was that I wanted a white one...

Well the car's interior is completely black and I usually would want black "anything" LOL...except this time :)

So the ball comes in today and, not only is it black but it is a two piece with a chrome bottom piece...??? I went to the website and it claims that it is an "Amazing reproduction" for a 72 Nova.....?????
Here's a link...
http://www.carpartsdiscount.com/aut...t/shift_knob_3_8_thread_black.html?3593=43931

Exchanging it for a white one is no problem however I don't recall them being made in 2 pieces...?

Anybody know about this...?

Thank you

I just checked and even tho it says that this ball is 2 inch it is actually 1.75 inch....
Far to small and whimpy and I am guessing that stock would be 2 inch...?
I called them....they are looking into it....

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
I do know this is correct for the Muncie cars, but I'm not 100% sure for 72. I have this exact 2 piece ball in my Nova.

·
Registered
407 Posts
No matter how many times she says "its fine baby, I swear, go ahead n exchange it", it will hurt her feelings. Lol , just rock it and chang it a few months down the road, or not at all. Good luck.:no:

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All good points however I have found a "new take off" shifter WITH the ball I want for what amounts to the price of the handle alone (which I need too)...
So...problem solved...thanx all!!!! Happy Holidays!

[/IMG]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.