Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
One of the things that I told my wife that I wanted for Christmas was a 4 speed shifter ball....what I didn't tell her was that I wanted a white one...

Well the car's interior is completely black and I usually would want black "anything" LOL...except this time :)

So the ball comes in today and, not only is it black but it is a two piece with a chrome bottom piece...??? I went to the website and it claims that it is an "Amazing reproduction" for a 72 Nova.....?????
Here's a link...
http://www.carpartsdiscount.com/aut...t/shift_knob_3_8_thread_black.html?3593=43931

Exchanging it for a white one is no problem however I don't recall them being made in 2 pieces...?

Anybody know about this...?

Thank you

I just checked and even tho it says that this ball is 2 inch it is actually 1.75 inch....
Far to small and whimpy and I am guessing that stock would be 2 inch...?
I called them....they are looking into it....

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
I do know this is correct for the Muncie cars, but I'm not 100% sure for 72. I have this exact 2 piece ball in my Nova.

·
Registered
982 Posts
as long as your shift pattern is correct, the ball will be fine, many are two piece, and many are one piece, the shift ball is one of those things that i say "if it works, it works"

·
Registered
379 Posts
68-70 muncie shifters use the two piece black knob, I think 71 & 72 were one piece and I've seen both white and black ones used.

·
Registered
407 Posts
No matter how many times she says "its fine baby, I swear, go ahead n exchange it", it will hurt her feelings. Lol , just rock it and chang it a few months down the road, or not at all. Good luck.:no:

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All good points however I have found a "new take off" shifter WITH the ball I want for what amounts to the price of the handle alone (which I need too)...
So...problem solved...thanx all!!!! Happy Holidays!

[/IMG]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts