Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to modify my header so the steering shaft u joint assembly can connect to my rack. I am showing what I came up with and need you all to tell me if its good or not. Will this restrict the air flow to much?

Thanks,

Attachments

·
Registered
9,897 Posts
As far as a negative effect, it's not so much the CSA of the restriction but the sharp edge of the patch. If you could taper the patch to match the original tube the reflected waves would be much less.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As far as a negative effect, it's not so much the CSA of the restriction but the sharp edge of the patch. If you could taper the patch to match the original tube the reflected waves would be much less.
Are you talking about at the top of patch on the downward flow?

·
Registered
382 Posts
There is an Engine Masters episode where they completely mauled up a set of headers on the dyno and it only made a difference of a couple numbers. But like has been said, even smashing the tubes creates more of a radiused squeeze.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'd angle the ends to create about a 45 degree angle instead of the 90 that you have mocked up. Really no more work and won't create as much restriction as others have stated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts