Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad just had a new muffler put on his truck by a guy in our town that owns his own little muffler shop and he was telling my dad that muscle cars were his specialty and for 350 bucks he'd do all the pipping minus the headers/exhaust manifold.

I haven't been looking into exhaust yet because there plenty of other things i need to do first but i was shocked to here that it was as cheap as it was...or is it? No clue what a good price is...just thought i throw this on real quick to get a second opinion. Thanks.

oh...i dont know what type of mufflers he said he would use or the diameter of the pipping but is 350 enough for a pretty good setup?

·
Premium Member
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hear the term "X-pipe" thrown around a lot and i've seen pics of x-pipes before but what exactly does it do? advantages?

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
For $350 find out what materials he uses and what mufflers. Does he use aluminized pipe? does he make his own collectors? how thick are the flanges? what kind of hangers does he use? is it mig welded? remember you get what you pay for.

IMO if he uses good materials and does the job right thats a good deal. The last job I had done costed me $350 and I supplied the mufflers.

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
I have a guy in Redlands that does all my exhaust work.

I just had my Firebird done last month.
He cut the flanges off of my headers because they were the square 4 hole ones and welded on the 3 hole ones. Then he ran 2 1/2" pipe, with an X pipe, all the way over the rear end with Super Turbo mufflers. He also put flanges just after the mufflers so I can remove the mufflers and install straight pipes out the side for when I run open header. He even made up a couple of pipes to bolt on for the open header to exit out the side.
All of this for $500

He can do anything you need done.

The shop is Redlands Muffler & Brake. 519 W Colton Ave. Redlands, Ca. (909) 793-1243

If you call him tell him that Wade with the green 69 Firebird told you to call.

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
sounds like you found a good person to do your exhaust. :)
My dual exhaust cost me 370 for EVERYTHING

I am running 2.5 in piping through some nasty knock off flowmasters.

It sounds EVIL:devil: and its awesome when you set off car alarms going DOWN a hill with your foot off the gas :D:eek::devil:

·
Premium Member
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a guy in Redlands that does all my exhaust work.

I just had my Firebird done last month.
He cut the flanges off of my headers because they were the square 4 hole ones and welded on the 3 hole ones. Then he ran 2 1/2" pipe, with an X pipe, all the way over the rear end with Super Turbo mufflers. He also put flanges just after the mufflers so I can remove the mufflers and install straight pipes out the side for when I run open header. He even made up a couple of pipes to bolt on for the open header to exit out the side.
All of this for $500

He can do anything you need done.

The shop is Redlands Muffler & Brake. 519 W Colton Ave. Redlands, Ca. (909) 793-1243

If you call him tell him that Wade with the green 69 Firebird told you to call.
hey thanks for the heads up wade, i'll have to call and talk to both shops i guess and get the specifics for the job.

·
Premium Member
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i have a b-day party for my girlfriends cousin to go to otherwise i'd be there...actually maaaaybe...since the get together is so early i can drive the nova to work (i work in rancho) then swing by when i get off for a little bit:yes:

·
Registered
482 Posts
how about buying a kit like flowmaster and have a shop install it. I love mandrel bends. I feel its worth the few dollars more. whatever you do dont leave your car there. they always mess it up if your not there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts