Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Neoghbor owns a Muscle car restoration shop and he is painting my hood and cowl panel this week.
$350 He is matching the paint with a "profit" Dont know where the term came from but I know it is a camera that takes a pic of the paint and comes up with a formulation for paint to match the fade of he old paint.

$350 Sounds like a hell of a deal to paint my new fibre cowl hood, strip, bang out some dents and paint cowl panel. He paainted a few magazine project cars including a nova project for the power tour. And he is one hell of a nice guy..

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
sounds good ta me QweeksDraw ;)

never heard of the match equipment, but i'm sure he's gonna hook ya up ;) :D

Babbalouie (i know, i know) you'll do the thinnin' 'round here ;) :D :D

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
hahaha babalouie...looks like someone else got sirius...

350 is not bad at all...those cameras are real nice and if he has one he most likely knows very well what he is doing...they call it profit becuase it won't take a bunch of test panels and possible color match problem paint jobs to get it right, first time makes a profit

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
$350.00 is a good deal.the'prophet' is cool tool but isn't always exact.it will be fairly accurate and will provide the painter with 1 or 2 close matches.generally speaking,a butt match is not recomended,but a 'blendable' color will be supplied by the color reader.thx,cj.

·
5,145 Posts
The Profit has troubles with some metallics. Make sure he has the newest version, the older ones took readings from 2 angles, the newer do it from multiple angles. It is designed to help give a blendable match, meaning just painting the hood will likely show a mismatch with the fendertops. The fenders should be blended. He might get lucky on a solid color and not have to blend.
Having the correct paint code or number is a much better way if you have it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Sounds like a he!! of a deal to me. I just painted a Camaro for $1,100. It started out being $600 and a single color but the guy soon turned into a horses butt getting pushy and changed the scheme and colors on me 3 times. Last paint job I do for a friend. Anyway, $350 for paint and color matched??? Sounds sweet to me.

·
Registered
334 Posts
sounds like a very good price to me as far as the profit colormatch....it won't be perfect but it'll be darn close (most people won't notice a difference)
If he blends onto the fenders it won't be noticeable

1 - 7 of 7 Posts