Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 66 sedan that has CBR lowers, rack, cross member, and sway bar (will eventually have uppers and possibly coil overs). The car will be mainly street driven and I plan to build the motor to have 400-500 hp. Probably will eventually get a 6 speed as well. Currently running stock rear suspension and rear end. I want to mini tub (so I can fit 255-275 tires?), 2-inch drop spindles, 4 wheels disc, and 17-inch "deep dish" wheels. I also have a ford 9" that I plan to use and narrow if needed.

I think you get the picture. I want a pro-touring style car that will have a great stance and have great street manners. This will be mainly street driven so it needs to have a comfortable ride (so the girlfriend will enjoy the ride too)!!

SO MY BIG QUESTION IS what style rear suspension should I run? It needs to have good handling to keep up with front CBR setup. It needs to be comfortable for the girlfriend and my old man. More importantly, it needs to be able to put the power to the ground when I really want to get into it hard!!!

Thanks for the help!!

·
Premium Member
11,931 Posts
With plans on mini tubbing and already having a 9" rear I would suggest going with a TCI torque arm. This would get rid of the leafs to make room for the wider wheels and take care of your wish list as far as handling and traction. With the leafs in the original location tubbing wont help with wheel and tire size.
True but torque arms are notorious for not being able to run exhaust out the back. It can be done but it takes some creative bending to get it to go all the way out back. For what you want I would think that rear leafs relocated inward and a mini tub will give you the width you want to fit the extra rubber.

John

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i probably should have put a poll with this thread. i think my three main choices or at least the ones i've looked into are, tci 4 link kit, tci torque arm kit, or CBR leaf springs relocated inward. Just cant decide which will give me most bang for my buck and will give me the end result i am after.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts