Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
that shows diameter, bolt circle and offset/backspace?

i see some factory 17x7 rims have the MM equivalent BS of 5-1/8" and a bolt circle of 120mm. that equates to 4.72441.

can i use a 120mm bolt circle on my 4-3/4" bolt circle hub or will the .025 difference create an issue?

if a chart is available i'd like to look at factory wheels that fall into the dimensions that would fit...

Thanks...

·
Registered
79 Posts
I can imagine .025 making a difference in 4.750 dia. They most likely had a tolerance bigger than that putting the holes in the axles. That's just under a 1/32".

·
Premium Member
1967 Chevy II nova Hardtop
3,917 Posts
The hard part with finding factory wheels is the 5 on 4 3/4 bolt pattern. Most foreign cars use 5 on 4.5.
It would seem all manufacturers are joining the 5x4.5 wheel pattern but be careful the hub hole is not always the same and it supports some wheel designs.

·
Registered
57 Posts
It should be noted that the 4.75 bolt pattern actually measure out to be 120.65mm. This seems like a negligible difference, but on cars that get driven hard or see crappy roads on a regular basis, accidents have happened:

http://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ay-today-help-me-find-a-cheap-replacement-set

I say you should be able to run them for the moredoor. Just use good studs and hub centric rings, if available.

Best,
Don

1 - 6 of 6 Posts