Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Awhile back I stripped out the old speaker setup the previous owner had install as it was scary how much of a dumbasses when they were installing the speakers. It appears half way through they decided to install two speaker boxes instead of the apparent 6x9 speakers as only one mounting hole is cut . The entire package tray board is pretty ragged and faded and now just want it to be replaced. My concern is that all reproduction trays online are generally "68-72 Coupe Package Tray Replacement". I currently own a lovely 4 door sedan and am curious whether or not the panels are the same and its just overlooked because I have yet to find a 68-72 sedan package tray on the web. :confused:

·
Registered
1974 Nova, 1977 Nova
2,063 Posts
The rear seat is closer to the bottom edge of the back window in the 4-door sedan than it is in the 2-door coupe.

That makes the coupe package tray a bit larger (deeper back) than the sedan one. But they are the same width so with some careful cutting, I think you could trim one down to fit your sedan.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The rear seat is closer to the bottom edge of the back window in the 4-door sedan than it is in the 2-door coupe.

That makes the coupe package tray a bit larger (deeper back) than the sedan one. But they are the same width so with some careful cutting, I think you could trim one down to fit your sedan.
Thanks for the reply! :) I'll be visiting a rusted out 2 door soon for some parts pretty soon. I'll see about pulling out the torn panel and make a practice run to see how much I'll need to cut and possibly see about buying one online for the real deal if it works out!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts