Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
If it were me, I'd spend the money on a good poly front suspension rebuild kit. You'll get the better handling you are looking for and if you replace the front, rear springs and shocks, it will be money better spent then dumping it on those upper and lower control arms. Just my .02

·
Registered
857 Posts
Unless you plan on taking it to a road course i would do the above instead.you will even have money left over for other things.

·
Registered
569 Posts
well... depends on 'worth it' .

A set of tubular arms ARE going on my 76 G-machine, but for regular street -strip use, likely more of an image thing than handling.
unless you NEED the narrowed version for tire fitment.

Also note, that you can get a set of four for 799.00 fro Fatman.com , and although pricey, I justified it ( other than the 'cooloness' factor ), in that by the time you buy poly bushings fo rthe control arms,plus new ball joints (if needed on your 30 year old car,which is likely),and poly sway bar end-links, you already have a few bucks spent, plus these come powder coated and will look great.

All comes down to where you want to spend the $$, I agree with the other guys regarding, spend it on motor, other 'more important' upgrades first as needed / desired ( ie: engine, wheles, whatever).

just my inflated 5.7 cents worth

~ AL

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all your input, this is all just in the begning stages as of now, at this point i'm more foucust on the engine and drive train. I have my turbo ready Garrett gt40 :cool: and am just reading and thinking if I should have a huge *** twin carb setup or efi. Mabe you have som input on that.. :)

Atli
Iceland

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
If you want to go tubular, check out peices and parts built for cameros. It is supposed to be a direct fit, i am sure someone around here had made the upgrade.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts