Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the main thing keeping me from installing the Taurus fan I bought is mounting it. Is it okay of it is not sitting directly against the radiator? I plan on using the stock fan shroud clips at the bottom since they fit, then rigging some brackets for the top. Is this a bad idea? Maybe I should raise it up a bit, then use ties on the bottom and bolts on top?

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Im assuming this is a puller fan, shroud or no shroud? What size is it?
Most of the smaller fans need to go on the radiator but on the instructions i've read, it says that with 16" fans there should be about a 1/4 to a 1/2" gap between the fan and radiator. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
5,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im assuming this is a puller fan, shroud or no shroud? What size is it?
Most of the smaller fans need to go on the radiator but on the instructions i've read, it says that with 16" fans there should be about a 1/4 to a 1/2" gap between the fan and radiator. Hope this helps.
Ford Taurus fan from some early 90s 3.8L. You know, the famous 4x00cfm one:rolleyes: It has a shroud built in but I need to measure the clearance between the mount surface and the blades.

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
The Taurus fan has a built in shroud and really needs to be against the radiator or it will pull air from the sides instead of through the radiator.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I used door weather strip pieces to seal the fan against the radiator. It can take up the gap pretty well and not put enough tension to damage the fins.

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Yeah, the shroud should be up against the rad, some foam tubing split works good for a seal. JR

1 - 6 of 6 Posts