Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering; I see many posts on CPP this and that, yet for their brake kits I also see posts of problems (not all of course; but enough to make me post this) with caliper fitting for example.

Is CPP the brake of choice as I haven't seen anyone talk of SSBC (maybe I need to search more on the site or maybe SSBC doesn't cater to GEN I or II's?). I'll probably find a post right after I click submit ;-)

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,361 Posts
Just wondering; I see many posts on CPP this and that, yet for their brake kits I also see posts of problems (not all of course; but enough to make me post this) with caliper fitting for example.

Is CPP the brake of choice as I haven't seen anyone talk of SSBC (maybe I need to search more on the site or maybe SSBC doesn't cater to GEN I or II's?). I'll probably find a post right after I click submit ;-)

Thanks!
The CPP brake kit used to have issue of the caliper hitting the UCA with 2" drop spindles. Since they have resolved the issue so you wont have any problems. I have used the SSBC kit and it did not improve nor hurt braking performance at all, but it is much more expensive (not worth the $$$ IMO).

·
Registered
6,794 Posts
My experience with CPP hasn't been great, they seem to put products out there before doing their R&D, then expect the customer to repair the problems, they have been a innovative company with some neat idea's but lack in customer service and quality control:yes:

G

·
The CPP brake kit used to have issue of the caliper hitting the UCA with 2" drop spindles. Since they have resolved the issue so you wont have any problems. I have used the SSBC kit and it did not improve nor hurt braking performance at all, but it is much more expensive (not worth the $$$ IMO).
After all I went through..... your saying that the fixed the problem:no: I just got mine last week & they hit. Best of luck to ya if you get CPP. I hope you NEVER have to deal with their "customer service" ... hell ..... I hope you get everything you order. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Wait...... I just noticed you live in so cal....... You will be fine.... They will take care of you.... Your a threat to drive down to the shop.

·
Premium Member
3,361 Posts
After all I went through..... your saying that the fixed the problem:no: I just got mine last week & they hit. Best of luck to ya if you get CPP. I hope you NEVER have to deal with their "customer service" ... hell ..... I hope you get everything you order. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Wait...... I just noticed you live in so cal....... You will be fine.... They will take care of you.... Your a threat to drive down to the shop.
I think their issue is more of not putting the right part in the box, rather than not having the right part. I cant say it hasnt happened to me before...

·
Vendor
7,086 Posts
They are pros with CPP products only from what I have heard.I know of a few strange alignment issues with non CPP parts.Not sure why:devil:

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the feedback guys. This kind of validates my reason for asking.

It seems like CPP (at least with their brakes) isn't a slam dunk;some folks have been happy; but almost an equal amount have not been.

·
Premium Member
3,361 Posts
L&S has their own agenda and it does not include customer safety in some cases...:no::mad:

·
Premium Member
3,361 Posts
can you elaborate a little more? Reason I ask is cause I was thinking of going to them for my alignment.
Knowingly letting a customer (or two) drive off in a car with an unsafe alignment is not something I would ever condone.:no:

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
i use aerospace components. They make a great product and there local and you know what that means........ Cash talks:yes:

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Surfdog; Modern Performance .... isn't that close to my area (I'm up in Huntington Beach)? I think a friend of mine mentioned the name Rudy and that place.
Hell, you are closer to Rudy than I'm. I leave near LAX and make the drive out there for everything. He is a nice guy and knows his novas! Worth the drive.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts