Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering; I see many posts on CPP this and that, yet for their brake kits I also see posts of problems (not all of course; but enough to make me post this) with caliper fitting for example.

Is CPP the brake of choice as I haven't seen anyone talk of SSBC (maybe I need to search more on the site or maybe SSBC doesn't cater to GEN I or II's?). I'll probably find a post right after I click submit ;-)

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,361 Posts
Just wondering; I see many posts on CPP this and that, yet for their brake kits I also see posts of problems (not all of course; but enough to make me post this) with caliper fitting for example.

Is CPP the brake of choice as I haven't seen anyone talk of SSBC (maybe I need to search more on the site or maybe SSBC doesn't cater to GEN I or II's?). I'll probably find a post right after I click submit ;-)

Thanks!
The CPP brake kit used to have issue of the caliper hitting the UCA with 2" drop spindles. Since they have resolved the issue so you wont have any problems. I have used the SSBC kit and it did not improve nor hurt braking performance at all, but it is much more expensive (not worth the $$$ IMO).

·
Registered
6,794 Posts
My experience with CPP hasn't been great, they seem to put products out there before doing their R&D, then expect the customer to repair the problems, they have been a innovative company with some neat idea's but lack in customer service and quality control:yes:

·
0 Posts
The CPP brake kit used to have issue of the caliper hitting the UCA with 2" drop spindles. Since they have resolved the issue so you wont have any problems. I have used the SSBC kit and it did not improve nor hurt braking performance at all, but it is much more expensive (not worth the $$$ IMO).
After all I went through..... your saying that the fixed the problem:no: I just got mine last week & they hit. Best of luck to ya if you get CPP. I hope you NEVER have to deal with their "customer service" ... hell ..... I hope you get everything you order. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Wait...... I just noticed you live in so cal....... You will be fine.... They will take care of you.... Your a threat to drive down to the shop.

·
Premium Member
3,361 Posts
After all I went through..... your saying that the fixed the problem:no: I just got mine last week & they hit. Best of luck to ya if you get CPP. I hope you NEVER have to deal with their "customer service" ... hell ..... I hope you get everything you order. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Wait...... I just noticed you live in so cal....... You will be fine.... They will take care of you.... Your a threat to drive down to the shop.
I think their issue is more of not putting the right part in the box, rather than not having the right part. I cant say it hasnt happened to me before...

·
Vendor
7,085 Posts
They are pros with CPP products only from what I have heard.I know of a few strange alignment issues with non CPP parts.Not sure why:devil:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the feedback guys. This kind of validates my reason for asking.

It seems like CPP (at least with their brakes) isn't a slam dunk;some folks have been happy; but almost an equal amount have not been.

·
Premium Member
3,361 Posts
L&S has their own agenda and it does not include customer safety in some cases...:no::mad:

·
Premium Member
3,361 Posts
can you elaborate a little more? Reason I ask is cause I was thinking of going to them for my alignment.
Knowingly letting a customer (or two) drive off in a car with an unsafe alignment is not something I would ever condone.:no:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
i use aerospace components. They make a great product and there local and you know what that means........ Cash talks:yes:

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Surfdog; Modern Performance .... isn't that close to my area (I'm up in Huntington Beach)? I think a friend of mine mentioned the name Rudy and that place.
Hell, you are closer to Rudy than I'm. I leave near LAX and make the drive out there for everything. He is a nice guy and knows his novas! Worth the drive.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts