Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered some window felt for my 74 4 door. I ordered the right part according to the website, but when I got it the box said 75-79. I still tried it, but it did not even come close to fitting. So I called for a return. It was not the easiest process; it was a lot of back and forth about it being the right part and I must have ordered the wrong thing or that I was lying, but eventually I did get a shipping label. I sent it back, and noticed they received it but after 2 weeks still no refund. I called again, and the guy said he will credit it back to me. After another week, it showed up, but $20 short. So I called again and had to request shipping charges too. Is this a normal thing with Classic industries or did I just have bad luck? It was a really off putting experience, one I have never had before.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I sometimes use CI's catalog to shop and ID parts and pieces but I generally buy from Summit. In terms of customer service, Summit is the Costco of car/race parts.
Summit has the same stuff but their customer service is trouble free. No accusations, no BS, no back 'n forth, cheaper and faster shipping.......they even put a return label in the shipping box.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
I ordered some window felt for my 74 4 door. I ordered the right part according to the website, but when I got it the box said 75-79. I still tried it, but it did not even come close to fitting. So I called for a return. It was not the easiest process; it was a lot of back and forth about it being the right part and I must have ordered the wrong thing or that I was lying, but eventually I did get a shipping label. I sent it back, and noticed they received it but after 2 weeks still no refund. I called again, and the guy said he will credit it back to me. After another week, it showed up, but $20 short. So I called again and had to request shipping charges too. Is this a normal thing with Classic industries or did I just have bad luck? It was a really off putting experience, one I have never had before.
I would look at your documentation..
Did you order the parts online or over the phone?
Did you have the correct part number for the part at the time you placed the order?
If your parts show up and the part number differs from what you ordered or the contents of the package shipped to you contains the wrong parts, it’s not your responsibility.. It is their responsibility to fill the order with the proper parts you ordered..

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would look at your documentation..
Did you order the parts online or over the phone?
Did you have the correct part number for the part at the time you placed the order?
If your parts show up and the part number differs from what you ordered or the contents of the package shipped to you contains the wrong parts, it’s not your responsibility.. It is their responsibility to fill the order with the proper parts you ordered..
They sent the same parts from what I ordered online, but the box was clearly labeled for a 75-79 whereas the website said 74-79. They said it was the supplier's problem.

·
Super Moderator
3,657 Posts
I have had bad luck with Classic. I know I'm in the minority, but I use them as a last resort, only when I need a part in my hand that particular day, and I always go there, never order over the phone. I live an hour away.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I used Classic in the past. expensive and long wait on parts as I am on the east coast.
I bought a power steering unit from them, and it leaked... I called on a sat and they agreed to send me a new one.. however they charged my CC until they got the old one back... 250 bucks... so what if I didn't have the extra 250 ? maybe I had groceries to buy? Not a great way to treat customers, policy wise. As I recall they sent me a label for the return In the new box, however I had to take it to the shipper, vice a pick up.
Their adds, "UP TO 40% " off and free shipping over 200 bucks etc... I have yet to get the top discount...and most times you can't tell until you put items in your basket and start to purchase...at which point I promptly leave the site.
Its a marketing ploy... get you to take all these steps towards purchase just so you can see the discount price/ rate, only to find out the items you want only get a 7.5% off....
I use their catalog.... they do have a lot of stuff...much of which is OER.
The search function on the site is poor at best

·
Registered
314 Posts
I've had bad experiences with them too. And their shipping and insurance is a rip off. I use Speedway Motors as first stop. Very good customer service, fast shipping, good prices.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Classic industries is trash - i'll never use them again. Nearly every part I got from them for my old 69 Impala was very low quality or broken right out of the box. No one in customer service was ever any help, and seemed pretty incompetent. From gauges to fuel tanks to steering wheels and radios. All trash.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I agree. Most of their products are junk. Their website is pretty shiddy too. I bought a glovebox light harness for a 2nd gen and couldn't believe how cheap the quality was. I ended up fixing and keeping the original. I've never dealt with their customer service but from what I'm reading it doesn't sound like I ever want to.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had a similar experience. OER parts that don't match originals and don't fit. Charged for return shipping. CI has a nice catalog that is fun to flip through, but I try to buy my stuff elsewhere.?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts