Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,649 Posts
Yes its too much. At least in my opinion it is. I just sold one for a 74 for $100 that was perfect and had the lip molding on it. At least I think I sold it,:confused:

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
i just sold my old 2" steel cowl hood to a member on here for $175.00 plus shipping..i think $200 is way two step..maybe $50 if it were a real rare car then maybe, but some members on here give them away

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
It's all according to what you're comfortable with and if the part is good. Maybe you could find one cheaper somewhere else......... until you have to pay to ship it.

If it keeps you going on your project, sometimes it's better to suck it up and get the part and continue with the progress. Holding out for a better deal doesn't always mean you'll get one.

Convenience has a price too. Buying a nice one locally for $250 is better than me selling you one for $100 and then it costing $200+ to ship.

How do you feel about it?

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
Allen is correct.
What is it worth to you?
Someone posting what a Cowl Hood Sold for will meen nothing to someome wanting a Flat Hood.
I get Most of my Stock Hoods for 150 Dollars if they need No Work other than Typical Blocking.I have however heard of Stock Hoods Selling for 300 Dollars.
A item is worth what One is willing to pay.
Joe

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
btw i shipped it for $75.00.

if your not in a hurry, keep some money handy that way when a good deal comes along you can snag it

·
Premium Member
1,436 Posts
Jay, I see you are located in NJ. Where in Jersey are you!!! Why don't you go to the Englishtown swap meet. It runs April 28th-30th. I will be selling some stuff there. I can not help you with the hood, but you should have no problem finding one. I believe that you can make a 68-74 hood work. You might need to drill new holes for the hood molding. I have never tried using a 68-72 hood on a 74. Maybe some of these guys would know for sure. You can also post in the parts wanted section for the hood.

A used hood should not cost more than $100 at this point.

Good Luck,
Bob
novamaniac

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BOB - WHAT'S UP nova brother in NJ!!!!

I am planning to go to the swap meet on Sunday. My first visit there in 14 years. For the 19 years my car has been in the garage, I have been accumulating parts. started the restoration 2 years ago and figure its a perfect time to get back to englishtown. There's a very good chance if youv'e got nova parts, you will see me checking them out :chev:

btw, I'm in Belmar

·
Premium Member
1,436 Posts
Jay,
Glad to see someone else from Jersey. I have been in contact with some other people on this board from Jersey. Hopefully we can get a bunch of guys/cars together this year. We were talking about some events to meet up at. I am in Somerville, NJ. They have a weekly Friday night cruise that I was hoping some people could make to. I will talk to the guy that runs it and see if we can get a area for ourselves. Don't worry if your car isn't ready. You can still show up at some events. I will be posting my spot numbers and some parts I will be bringing to Englishtown soon.

Good Luck with the hood.

Bob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts