Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
I was gonna bring out the Falcon but heard a little ticking and pulled the valve cover only to find another broken rocker. Ordered a new set of comp cams rockers from summit tonight. Now I just need to get Mike to help me put them on. Maybe I'll show up in the Nova if I can scrape a few bucks together. Those rockers were $400.:eek: I was really looking forward to running the Falcon with the new tires and caltracs. This thing is a real money pit.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
I was gonna bring out the Falcon but heard a little ticking and pulled the valve cover only to find another broken rocker. Ordered a new set of comp cams rockers from summit tonight. Now I just need to get Mike to help me put them on. Maybe I'll show up in the Nova if I can scrape a few bucks together. Those rockers were $400.:eek: I was really looking forward to running the Falcon with the new tires and caltracs. This thing is a real money pit.
Thats because its a Ford. :devil::yes:

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
I guess I should've went. Couple of guys from the shop were taking their cars. Early 90's black Camaro, a 70 Pontiac Tempest (young lady driving), her Dad in a 72 Chevelle wagon, and a early 90's flat army green BBC powered Mustang. I think the Mustang ran 5:30's last time out....... Have fun!

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
How did you do Dale? couldn't make it yesterday but will be there next week.

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Back to where we were the last night before the car went to Japan. But- -- the gas over there is something different from what we run here, and I failed to install fresh plugs for two runs. It dropped waaaay off. Did a ten minute speedy plug swap, and we were back to a safe tune, in anticipation for Bakersfield's March Meet... It is now hovering around breaking into the 11's... Chris got a COOL youtube in car video of my last pass of the night. You can learn alot from watching yourself race....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts