Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I am going to take the "red" car out for some test and tune this Thursday. I will be there early and I usually don't stay too late.......

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
Not sure if the car will be ready Thursday since I started the head swap today and won't have gaskets til tomorrow--then I forgot about the valvesprings--250/680lbs. might be a bit much for the hydraulic cam!!
If I can round up some springs tomorrow, I'll see how it goes, but it's too damn hot too work on the car; I think I lost about 5lbs. today sweating!

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
blown67 said:
I think I am going to take the "red" car out for some test and tune this Thursday. I will be there early and I usually don't stay too late.......

How early you going to exit Brian? Also....I ended up picking up of Hellfire type rings for $140 so I just grabbed them.

Craig

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool. Mark thought your other source was on the high side. Not too sure what time I am staying til on Thursday. I have to be at work @ midnight. I put some new tires on and just want to burn the stickers off, and make sure everything is good for Saturday. I am debating about going to Fontana on Saturday, or LACR the following Saturday. LACR is having a "Rat Fink" party...... Car show, rat rods, motorcycles, bikes, etc. They are having a bracket race and time only runs too. My buddy was there last year and said he got a good number of passes in. I think Johnny was out there too. Johnny, opinion? I just want to get a couple of 1/4 mile hits in somewhere. Try: www.ratfinkparty.com or www.ratfink.org It's going to be way hot no matter where I go..........

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
Brian, last year i got there rather late... 90% of the guys had already lit out... this year i'm goin' early and enjoy the show. i can come and go, so if i have the Goose we can shoot home fer pitstops. :rolleyes:

lemme know if ya decide ta come up...

·
Registered
576 Posts
teddisnoke said:
Geez, with the heat, I'm not really liking the idea of trying to make comparison passes. Might just bring the girls out and park the urban assualt vehicle up against the fence.
Think of the good side:D If its 100 deg oout side your motor is almost at operating tmeperature allready and it shouldn't take long to warm up those slicks of yours.

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Johnny,
Will let you know if I am coming up. No test and tune lane in Fontana this weekend.......
Hope to see the rest of you guys tonight.
Brian

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Mike,
Thanks for posting the picture.
Dave,
Mike was right. Made 2 motor passes. It went 6.26 @ 111, then 6.20 @ 112. If I can get it to 60 foot, I'll be alright. Tried some new tires and it spun pretty bad on both passes with a best of 1.44.
Brian

1 - 17 of 17 Posts