Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone going? I'm back from vacation, got my shifter fixed and a few new things to try out. :D

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ill be there, not racing though unfortunately. gotta get the bellhousing replaced first.

keep an eye out for me, ill be the british guy with a red mohawk!
Will do. Welcome to the site! Look for my red 67 and come by to say hello. You will find SNS guys just about anywhere you go in SoCal. :yes:

Bob

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
too hot to race. i want to, but it's just TOO HOT!

·
Registered
488 Posts
Anyone going? I'm back from vacation, got my shifter fixed and a few new things to try out. :D
:eek:Did you get NOS kit Bob!:yes: Will be camping this weekend. Maybe Art will show up and video tape your first NOS run:yes::devil: What other goodies did you get?

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:eek:Did you get NOS kit Bob!:yes: Will be camping this weekend. Maybe Art will show up and video tape your first NOS run:yes::devil: What other goodies did you get?
No, not on the bottle....yet:devil:. Still working on the tune, trying to get the most out of it on motor. Enjoy your camping trip. I plan to make the Summit race at Fontana Aug 23, are you guys interested?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Will do. Welcome to the site! Look for my red 67 and come by to say hello. You will find SNS guys just about anywhere you go in SoCal. :yes:

Bob
thanks bob, ill come and find you.

im hoping to get mine ready for the track by december. this is all pretty new to me though, i figured the best way to learn is to buy a nova and fix her up!

see you thursday. :)

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
I might go just to watch, my tool man won't be there so i dont want to risk breaking down. I dont think im going to do Fontana either. I have the last summit series race on the 16th, and I'm currently #9 on the points so i have to try and stay in the top 10 so i can go to Arizona for the finals.:yes:

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
too hot to race. i want to, but it's just TOO HOT!
So how's my 12 bolt doing Aron? I might need to sell it to finance some things on my car.
My junk got delayed by the guy that was supposed to wire it last week--seems the harness he had for me suddenly doesn't exist--sure glad I ripped out ALL the wiring like he told me to! Now I'm in limbo until we get a harness.

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have the last summit series race on the 16th, and I'm currently #9 on the points so i have to try and stay in the top 10 so i can go to Arizona for the finals.:yes:
Art, wish I could make it to Irwindale Aug 16, but I will be out town :(. Good luck, I'm sure you will make it. Hope to see you Thursday.

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My junk got delayed by the guy that was supposed to wire it last week--seems the harness he had for me suddenly doesn't exist--sure glad I ripped out ALL the wiring like he told me to!
Mike, that sucks! Sounds like he found someone who was actually willing to pay for it :D.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I plan to make the Summit race at Fontana Aug 23, are you guys interested?
That sounds interesting - right now its my daily driver (makes going to work fun) but i'll have my D.D. back by then.
Do they have a T&T run and does anyone know the cost?

Chuck

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
My junk got delayed by the guy that was supposed to wire it last week--seems the harness he had for me suddenly doesn't exist--sure glad I ripped out ALL the wiring like he told me to! Now I'm in limbo until we get a harness.
Wiring harness? Race cars don't need a wiring harness.:D Just a little switch panel for the important things and your set. :yes:

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
So how's my 12 bolt doing Aron? I might need to sell it to finance some things on my car.
It seems to be doing fine. It leaks a little bit from the cover though. Let me know how soon you need it, or how much you're trying to sell it for. I appreciate the use of it, that's for sure!

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That sounds interesting - right now its my daily driver (makes going to work fun) but i'll have my D.D. back by then.
Do they have a T&T run and does anyone know the cost?

Chuck
Chuck, I called the track and asked that question. Unfortunately they don't have a time only option because they claim they have too many cars. This is the reply I got from the track manager:

I do not have a time only lane at my summit races due to I have a bigger car count them other local tracks in the area. Time does not allow this. You may sign up for whatever group your car would qualify for which sounds to be sportsman. This will be 50.00 each day. You can get two time runs and then run first round or at the back of the pack as time permits. Most people that run this way will get at least 5 runs maybe more..if the day goes smooth probably 8 runs.

If it is like Irwindale Summit races, there will be plenty chances to run it after the first 2 rounds and it would be easy to get 5+ runs. The cost to run TNT during the Summit race at Irwindale is only $20, but I will out of town for their last race (Aug 16), so I will give this one a try. The other option is to wait for Street Legal day at Fontana, which is $20.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts