Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody going? I put the bottle back on my car to see if I can wake up the junk 350. I'll carry a shovel just in case!

·
Premium Member
13,245 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,245 Posts
teddisnoke said:
NOW DAVE! Don't go giving him any ideas!!!!!!!!!! I got plans for that motor, and it does not include pushing a broom with a magnet picking up the junk! AS it stands, when I get my hands on it, it'll be worthless after Mike wrings it out to see just how much spray and rpms a real world anchor will make.
LOL, oops!!! :D He cracked me up in another post where he said the guy that had his "junk" 350 before him must've been hard on it!!! Ain't that the pot calling the kettle black?!?! :D :D :D

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
bowtie0069 said:
Anybody going? I put the bottle back on my car to see if I can wake up the junk 350. I'll carry a shovel just in case!
That a boy Mike, just what I wanted to hear. Hahaha

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
NEVER FINISHED64 said:
So what do you say is the recommended break in time, my foot is getting ichy, but I'm thinking I should enjoy driving it around for a while first.
The drive to the track should break it in well.:D

In my opinion, a couple hundred miles do the job. I ran mine the thursday night after I got it together. Go for it Chuck.

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So what do you say is the recommended break in time
I usually give mine til the end of the driveway!
I built a car many years ago; took it to the end of the driveway, brought it up to 7500, and let the clutch fly!! Broken in!!

My Dad and Uncle bought identical cars back in the 60's; my Dad broke his in the way he wanted it to run--HARD!! My Uncle babied his for a couple thousand miles--It was a turd the whole time he had it!!

·
Registered
576 Posts
Wrenched on it a little last night and I'll see you guys there.

Thanks for the offer on the slicks, but the weak link is the tires with the trans a close second, and thats ok with me for now.

Thinking I'll just make some easy passes for now

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
Chuck, in my opinion, if someone has slicks that will fit your car that you can borrow, I would. That 406 is gonna make ALOT more bottom end than your 350. the last thing you want is to get outta shape.

·
Registered
576 Posts
You guys are right, its tough to take it easy and I'm going to the track becuase I got sideways once:eek: when I jumped on it for a split second and figured I can't do that any more on the street.

Maybe I should take WOT down to half way with the linkage. My rear is that darn blue oval pattern my wheels are drilled for both but their odd ball 16" what was I thinking:confused:

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, I guess the bottle was closer to empty than I thought! I only made one pass and it left ok(1.65 60ft.) but it just labored along thru the entire pass and went 7.96/83

·
Premium Member
13,245 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
I ran a 1.866 60ft which felt good to me and backed off because it starting missing and ran a 8.49 at 74mph

Found out #8 spark plug wire was falling off.

Second run not good, I adjusted the throttel to get close to WOT and just kind of smoked um

I watched Mikes run breaking into the 7's with the so called junk 350 - looked good to me.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts