Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometime back, this came up as a possible event for our group. I don't remember what the cost was so I wanted to throw it out there again. After spending $20 to get 1 run in last Thursday in 4 hrs (2-3 maybe if I had not left due to coming rain), I would be more than willing to spend a bit more if it meant more runs and knowing almost everybody that was there.

Is anybody interested in this? Mike or Dale....I think you had the cost info last time.....how much was it to rent the track? I would be willing to do all the legwork if there was enough interest.

Craig

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
i called one time and they limit it to like 10 cars and it was $1500 for 4 hours. that's a rough number, but i know they don't want a lot of cars out there. so it won't be cheap and i'm unsure of how the track would be prepped

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
that would be very cool maybe more passes. i was there on thursday like graigt said and my last pass was around 9 the guy behind me that was his first pass. i would be interested as well

·
Registered
996 Posts
i am interested, but right now i don't have a running car.
even if its 150 a person, just imagine how many runs you could get in if there were only 10 cars racing.
10 cars is 5 races.

our local tracks are $30-40 to race and you get about 5 runs in.

what you do is rent it out, every one pays $5 to get in to the meet and that $5 adds up so the racers don't have to pay as much.

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Craig, you may have seen this already, but LA Invasion has a track day at Fontana on Memorial Day, max of 150, TNT from 8 to 5, $60:

http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113392

Aron, Evil65 and I are signed up and think 1 or 2 others from this site. I am definitely interested in track rental at Irwindale, but it will take some time to make it happen. In the meantime, this is a good option. It is pre-registration only, can't show up the day of and expect to run.

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
Irwindale is a bit pricey. Mike and I talked with Bob Klein, race director at one time. But, that was awhile ago. Not sure what the price is these days. They cut no slack. They want safety people there as well. That drives up the price substantially. You can easily figure on $150.00 per head, on my guesstimation from the last time we spoke.

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thanks Dale....I will give him a call next week and get some particulars. I am sure Fontana is no better but I will check with them as well.

Bob....I might take part in that Memorial Day deal as I will be off.

Craig

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
It's been several years, but the last time I was part of an Irwindale rental, it was $3,500 IIRC...not sure if it was the price, plus the number of cars - mostly it was a group of PSCA, SCEDA and the SoCal Pro Gas and Super Street racers. we all pitched in $350 each.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
I am sure Fontana is no better but I will check with them as well.
Craig
Fontana is not adding any events.

These guys do a private track day a few times a year and this is what they have on their web site
http://www.alternativemotoring.com/

I have been to a few of them to watch, and it was nice. Everyone was able to make as many passes as they wanted, and you were able to run as fast as your car can. No 10 sec. limit. When I was there I seen a couple of 8 sec Novas

1 - 12 of 12 Posts