Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup, starting this one out of excitement. Got the 4.56's in the car in lieu of the 3.73's (Thanks Mike!). Hopefully it hooks up and I get my sub 7 second pass finally! That's the plan...

Who is going this coming Thurs? If all is well I will be out there

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Aron, I may be there, but only to see your first 6 sec pass :D. I am getting a new trans and need some breakin time before I run it.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no promises. my guess is something still doesn't work quite right and i go slower. hopefully my guess is wrong...

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aron, I may be there, but only to see your first 6 sec pass :D. I am getting a new trans and need some breakin time before I run it.
what trans?

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Yup, starting this one out of excitement. Got the 4.56's in the car in lieu of the 3.73's (Thanks Mike!). Hopefully it hooks up and I get my sub 7 second pass finally! That's the plan...

Who is going this coming Thurs? If all is well I will be out there
If your going for sure, i'll be there. I'll see if i can take a half day off work. This will be sweet, I just bought an HD camcorder too.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If your going for sure, i'll be there. I'll see if i can take a half day off work. This will be sweet, I just bought an HD camcorder too.
No guarantees on how well the car works though. BTW, I got my nitrous works kit in the mail today. 125-300 shot. That'll go on once I get the rest of a new fuel system, and the suspension dialed in on the launch. So maybe a month? I wanna re-wire the car too, so maybe longer. Hopefully Irwindale is successful on thursday.

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
what trans?
I am getting a 200-4R. Talked to the local shop about a new converter, ended up going for a new OD trans :D. It will make the drive to Irwindale much easier, plus it gives me a lower first gear and much stouter converter :yes:. Waiting on a new crossmember, not sure if it will be ready by Thursday.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am getting a 200-4R. Talked to the local shop about a new converter, ended up going for a new OD trans :D. It will make the drive to Irwindale much easier, plus it gives me a lower first gear and much stouter converter :yes:. Waiting on a new crossmember, not sure if it will be ready by Thursday.
awesome. that will help your 60' and hopefully much more. you'll love the mpg as well.

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
I wanna re-wire the car too
In July we'll be shooting a wiring feature on my Nova at the shop--Painless harness and all the fuel pump, water pump, fan, line lock, transbrake, nitrous solenoids, cut-off switch............

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
No guarantees on how well the car works though. BTW, I got my nitrous works kit in the mail today. 125-300 shot. That'll go on once I get the rest of a new fuel system, and the suspension dialed in on the launch. So maybe a month? I wanna re-wire the car too, so maybe longer. Hopefully Irwindale is successful on thursday.
Yup, complete wiring is on my to do list also. Along with full cage, get it certified, window net, and get my license. Just to be able to go a couple tenths faster, lol.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nothing is ever for free. There is always a catch...:)
I remember this discussion that we had. It's funny when there are deadlines and things need to get done, or a test needs to be performed and someone has to spot the magazine or cover some unpredicted cost and then you get stuck with a bill. On top of that you don't get to do your car the exact way that you want. It's free, sorta, but you are doing something that someone else wants to do. Thanks for helping me with the diff in the shop, Dale. I wish I lived closer so I could come in and BS more often.

·
Premium Member
3,758 Posts
I will try and make it, I would like to bring my car. I am trying to get that thing out in the next few weeks. Let us know if your going.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
the plan is still to attend. art, you better get your evil car out there too!

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
there's a break-in process for trannies..??? most tranny guys i've spoken too, just say bolt it up & go... thats what i did for my TH350 & GLIDE, as a matter of fact, i did some TB launches in front of the house to test it....LOL!!! but then again i havent put enough miles on my trannies to see what happens in the long run.....

Aron, good luck on thurs, hope u run ur #, u are right there!!!! curious, whats the RPM difference between the 3.73's & 4.56's @ about 75mph ....???? and whats the gear ratio in 5th on that TKO......????

JOHN

1 - 20 of 53 Posts