Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I said I gave up on it, but I plan on racing Thursday. Anyone else coming out? I changed to Rancho RS9000x shocks in hopes of being able to get my 60' down where it SHOULD BE! Suspension would load, separate, then squat (unload) probably because the valving in the cheapie comp engineering shocks went away under so much stress. Calvert Racing says the Rancho shocks should fix that. We'll see. Aiming to go high 6's if all goes as planned. We know that it never does.

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
I'll probably be out there. not sure if we'll take the car or not. I'll stop by and say hi either way.

good luck

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hopefully nobody oils down the track again...

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hate to feel like I'm 'bumping' this, but is anyone else attending?

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Probably just the usual suspects.
I'm just glad I can get out to the track without extreme worry about breaking stuff. I think the weakest links in my drivetrain are my axles and my front u-joint. Hopefully I never find out.

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Hate to feel like I'm 'bumping' this, but is anyone else attending?
Araon, I was down last week but can't make it this week. I got there at 4, made 3 runs by 6:30, one more just after 8. Wish I was closer, I would go more often. Good luck, let us know how it goes.:yes:

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks bob. we'll get to race memorial day. hopefully without any hiccups either. i only pray the track is as nice to me as it was to you. hows your car running?

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
It's running good, thanks. I am finally getting consistent traction, added gap to the slapper bar snubbers, ran 16 psi and left about 1000 rpm. Any higher rpm and 60ft goes up. Now I can work on the tune at Fontana, and see how close I can get to 11.XX :rolleyes:.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's running good, thanks. I am finally getting consistent traction, added gap to the slapper bar snubbers, ran 16 psi and left about 1000 rpm. Any higher rpm and 60ft goes up. Now I can work on the tune at Fontana, and see how close I can get to 11.XX :rolleyes:.
I know your pain of chasing down that evasive faster time...

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
at the muffler shop right now. getting the bullets installed hopefully thats one more tick towards my 6 second pass

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
spectating:turn: i will race when my car is rolling though.:devil:
Looking forward to that LS powered Chevy II. That's your buildup, right?

Stop by and say hi. I plan on getting there by 5 and need to make clutch adjustments as soon as I arrive. That's an extra half hour or so. I put a button on the core support so I can bump the motor over without having to hook up one of those stupid trigger things anymore. That was getting annoying after a few times to the track. Now I need a little leprechaun to adjust the clutch for me. I use a scissors jack to get the car up enough to do the clutch. Annoying...

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Looking forward to that LS powered Chevy II. That's your buildup, right?

Stop by and say hi. I plan on getting there by 5 and need to make clutch adjustments as soon as I arrive. That's an extra half hour or so. I put a button on the core support so I can bump the motor over without having to hook up one of those stupid trigger things anymore. That was getting annoying after a few times to the track. Now I need a little leprechaun to adjust the clutch for me. I use a scissors jack to get the car up enough to do the clutch. Annoying...
Scissors jack? That sounds kinda scary.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yep aron has big nucleouses :yes:
Huh?

actually, the scissors jack works fine. Just need the car to come up a few inches. So long as I can see the access hole I'm fine. Don't even need to get fully under the car anymore.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Huh?

actually, the scissors jack works fine. Just need the car to come up a few inches. So long as I can see the access hole I'm fine. Don't even need to get fully under the car anymore.
sorry aron dont you teach science ............. i was trying to use a different word besides balls :yes:

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
sorry aron dont you teach science ............. i was trying to use a different word besides balls :yes:
Yeah. I'm a science teacher. Orbs, spheres, testicles, or gonads would have done. The nucleus controls the activities of the cell, so I guess that word works as well, considering that pretty much sums up the y chromosome equipped human.

lmao!!!!!!
Yes, funny once I understood. The scissors jack is sufficient. I promise.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I'll be out there with the 55 again I changed some things around and I'll have to see if it works or not. Is there someone I can leave my toolbox with while I'm running the car?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts