Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever tried this swap? C3 Corvette IRS into a Nova, Vega or simular small GM car? I need to find out info on the frame measurements, width & so forth. Thinking that a mid to late 70's smogger vette would be the same with as the Nova.

THis might be an interesting project, since I currently have only frame rails back there right now. Width is set at 28 1/4" (2x3 .083 wall steel). No suspension at this time.

Jim

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Has anyone ever tried this swap? C3 Corvette IRS into a Nova, Vega or simular small GM car? I need to find out info on the frame measurements, width & so forth. Thinking that a mid to late 70's smogger vette would be the same with as the Nova.

THis might be an interesting project, since I currently have only frame rails back there right now. Width is set at 28 1/4" (2x3 .083 wall steel). No suspension at this time.

Jim
Ive been told that those c3 vette IRS are weak and cant take alot of abuse. Ive never owned one, but i know people used to modify a 12 bolt setup and stuff it in.

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Irs

THis won't be a high HP application - 350-375 at most, SBC. Not the BBB Stage 1 for the '64.

Anyone got measurements or a rotten rolling vette frame?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts