Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Awesome episode about our Nova's. Episode 2 next week. Can't wait. Boy they got that SS for cheap. But got good money to sell it. Did ya notice they put disc brakes up front and left the single master cylinder on. To me that's a No No.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
i did see the show last night. the parts car that shag an amanda looked at the guy kept calling it a 62, wasn't it a 63. i didn't notice the single pot on the master, but that 66 was to high in the back. an i have to say i miss short dog in the show now an kato is also gone.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I saw an interview with Shorty on YouTube and he said he's always had a paint shop three hours away where he lives and the commute was hurting his family. He hinted that he may have his own show in the near future.
As long as Amanda is there I will watch

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Good episode, and I agree the 66 should have been lowered in the back a bit. But that was just a quick flip. The 65 is going to be nice.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I saw the show with novas, I love the show, what those guys do is amazing, what a deal on 66 SS wow, I did not care for the Stance, they dropped noise to much, if Amanda leaves show, ill probably lose interest, lol

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
I'm curious to see if they leave the 65 tail lights. The rendering that Joe did shows 62-4 tail lights not 65. There are two pictures of the car on their instagram page, one shows part of the front end and the headlight bezels are not 65. I don't think the grille is either but from the angle of the shot its hard to tell. The car is in paint, not finished in the photos, it is stunning, can't wait to see the finished product...

·
Registered
210 Posts
I like the show but was surprised at the modifications they made to the 66. Cutting the front coils instead of replacing the suspension with Church Boys A arms.

·
Registered
876 Posts
The roller they purchased was a 65. You can see the 65 bumper, dash trim, grille and rear tail light holes / reverse light holes in the deck lid as they were tearing down the car in part one.
The finished car represents a 62. I am a Motortrendondemand.com member and I watched both episodes of the build last night. They installed a 62 grille and front bumper with amber 63-64 parking light lenses and 62-64 tail lights. Car is pretty nice but they cheaped out on the interior. They put some kind of caps or plugs in the dash were the heater controls were instead of welding up the holes. The stance is too low in my opinion. I like the full frame and roll cage they built but how can there be any suspension travel in the rear with the bottom of the rear frame rail about 1" above the axle tube? The tire is so large in diameter and width that it would probably hit under the top of the fender if it had any travel anyway. Not too sold on the billet 69 Camaro hood grilles installed on top of a 2" cowl hood but I did appreciate the metal work they did to counter sink them into the hood.
I call BS that they were driving around looking for an original hood when they discovered the 66 SS for sale. They had already purchased and installed rear quarter skins and an aftermarket core support so why would they want an old beat up rusty oem hood? The finished car has a 2" cowl hood. There is no seller out there that would let go of a real 66 SS running, driving car that doesn't need paint or interior, supposedly with a nova 12 bolt rear for $20K. That car was sweet like it was before the bigs and littles and 8 inch front end drop he put on it. PUKE. I too noticed they didn't replace the single pot master. C'mon Joe! I think they said the car had a 383 stroker and a 5 speed. They end up selling it for $35K and I can believe that price for the condition it was in except for the crappy stance and wheels. I do love the show and yes, Amanda is the real star.:p

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'm glad I wasn't the only one that thought the stance on the 66 was wrong. I understand (don't like it, but understand) cutting the coil on a flip to lower the car but the back end looked out of proportion, especially from a shop that lowers everything. I thought the price was wrong until I heard it was a modified engine. Bone stock and that car would have been a steal. As far as them "finding" cars, it's TV. I give them a break on that because I love watching them work. You can't fake that sheet metal and fab work and fix it later with paint and Bondo. I also don't think they are faking that they actually like one another and are having a good time doing what they love. I have an order from first to last of the car shows that I watch and Iron Resurrecions is definitely in my top five.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
1st I certainty agree that the finished stance on the 66 was terrible. Kato is now in the Atlanta area, his wife took a much better $$ paying job in that area. I believe she`s in the medical field. On the " just happened to find a 66 ", I can somewhat add to that. The show has " people " everywhere giving them leads. My son live in the San Antonio area and one of his close friends works at a custom shop in Bernie Texas. His friend Trent did the body/primer work on the Comp eliminator drag roadster back a couple of years ago. He was backed up at the shop and couldn`t get it in paint in time for the racing season. I got a good look at the roadster last April at the drag strip outside San Antonio, very nice car. The car was sold last year. Most of the better shops in the " Hill Country " of Texas stay in touch often. Peace Dale

·
Registered
914 Posts
I didn't like the hood vents. A plain 2'' cowl hood would have been fine.
I also watched both episodes and agree.
Either do a Camaro SS type of hood treatment w/louvers or a cowl.... not both in one hood.

Now, if they had modified an original 1st gen Chevy II hood to include the 68 Camaro SS type of hood treatment (slight bulge in center of the hood) with the louvers, I think that would have looked pretty cool.

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
On the latest episode of Iron Resurrection , I think I saw at least 3 Nova's in the background in his shop. Can't wait

·
Registered
516 Posts
Joe is a good dude. He is a Nova guy. He has a 65 that he bought for himself. I spent some time with him at a car show in November. Someone told him about my 66 at the show and he came and found me and we talked cars for a while. He is a metal master and can fabricate anything.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Feel the same about the louvers on the hood, better without it. Their shop is about 2.5 hours away from me. I wouldn't mind stopping by to check them out. I miss the comedy aspect with Short dog and pompa. Anyway, getting used to the new crew and looking forward to all the Novas in the shop.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I too saw the episodes with the 65 Nova and was excited to see what he did with it. When done yes body exterior looked great but it lost all the one year 65 bits. I watch the show for the metal work and it always looks like they have a good time. If I had the funds they could build me something and I would love to sign the driveway on my way out. Really like the show

1 - 20 of 20 Posts