Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone! I'm a new member (long time lurker) from Colorado stopping in to introduce myself and my 64' Chevy II Nova 400 4-DR. My family looked for this project for quite awhile knowing we pretty much wanted a 4-DR for the family hotrod since we have three kids. We finally found it sitting in a woodshop warehouse where it had been sitting for over 11 years since getting stripped down and freshly painted for a complete mod-restore by the previous owner. The previous owner had died (RIP, but thanks for the Nova!) a few years ago and left all his cars to the family before completing any of them. There this poor gal sat in the corner of a warehouse freshly painted but covered in saw dust for over a decade. I got wind of it through craigslist as they were clearing out the warehouse of cars. Went and checked her out, pushed her outside, checked her out really closely, and bought it on the spot. Got her home and cleaned her up a bit with terry cloths, no washing, and snapped some pics.

She is gorgeous, all props to the previous owner for the what looks to be extreme minimal bodywork and one heck of a nice paint job (not show quality, but great driver). She was originally a 6 cyl, 2 speed Auto, no radio, no frills car. She now has a 307 V8 (will be replaced with a very well built 350 I already have) that runs great but is otherwise still totally stock. All the trim (minus 1 piece), new weatherstripping, all new upholstery, headliner, dashpad, pretty much everything to finish the car in new parts was in it, hell of a bonus! :D

Plans are a fairly simple street rod even the wife can drive. More powerful well built 350, 3 or 4 speed transmission for my highway jaunts, disc brakes, better steering/handling, new wheels, etc, etc, along with just finishing the restoration parts we have for it.
This place is one heck of a knowledge base from what I have seen and look forward to being part of the community. Thanks for having me and hope I don't get flamed too much for the 4-door hotrod!
One last pic for good measure :)

Edit: Forgot to mention she runs and drives just fine right now, just took a bit of work to wake her from that decade nap.

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
Welcome to the site. Looks like you found one sweet deal. Want take much to finish that one. There is nothing wrong with a 4 door, I have started building one myself. Good luck with it and I hope the family all enjoy it.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Welcome to the site! :yes:

You bagged a real beauty there! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Enjoy and good luck! :yes:

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
DRKRAZY
THAT'S A NICE LITTLE MOREDORE YA GOT THERE. LOOKS KLEAN! YOU'LL FIND AN ENORMOUS AMOUNT OF TALENT HERE ON SNS, ENJOY THE RIDE! GLAD TO HAVE YOU WITH US!!! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,544 Posts
Finally a real Doctor on the site!:yes::yes::yes:

Welcome to the site nice looking Nova!

Mark

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Been spending my free time (ha with work, wife, and three kids there is no such thing) working on cleaning and straightening the remaining chrome and getting it back on the car. Along with some of the more main weather stripping. Had to get some new clips ordered for the trim, and spent forever figuring out some just are not made anymore of course. A call to chevy II's only put me straight, those guys rock. So far so good really, though will have to find that one straight quarter 64 only piece I'm missing...that's going to bug me when I finish getting the chrome on to have one piece missing. :( Thus is the life of building cars of which I'm no newbie to. Finish chrome/exterior, then move on to all the upholstery and interior. All mechanical upgrades will come after the interior is put all back together. Too many new restoration parts sitting in front of me. :D

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
Welcome to this cool site!! The car looks like a nice solid base to start with. Enjoy your time working on the car between work, wife, and kids!!. I feel your pain there as I aslo have 3 kids and a wife!!

:ragtop:

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Hey everyone! I'm a new member (long time lurker) from Colorado stopping in to introduce myself and my 64' Chevy II Nova 400 4-DR. My family looked for this project for quite awhile knowing we pretty much wanted a 4-DR for the family hotrod since we have three kids. We finally found it sitting in a woodshop warehouse where it had been sitting for over 11 years since getting stripped down and freshly painted for a complete mod-restore by the previous owner. The previous owner had died (RIP, but thanks for the Nova!) a few years ago and left all his cars to the family before completing any of them. There this poor gal sat in the corner of a warehouse freshly painted but covered in saw dust for over a decade. I got wind of it through craigslist as they were clearing out the warehouse of cars. Went and checked her out, pushed her outside, checked her out really closely, and bought it on the spot. Got her home and cleaned her up a bit with terry cloths, no washing, and snapped some pics.

She is gorgeous, all props to the previous owner for the what looks to be extreme minimal bodywork and one heck of a nice paint job (not show quality, but great driver). She was originally a 6 cyl, 2 speed Auto, no radio, no frills car. She now has a 307 V8 (will be replaced with a very well built 350 I already have) that runs great but is otherwise still totally stock. All the trim (minus 1 piece), new weatherstripping, all new upholstery, headliner, dashpad, pretty much everything to finish the car in new parts was in it, hell of a bonus! :D

Plans are a fairly simple street rod even the wife can drive. More powerful well built 350, 3 or 4 speed transmission for my highway jaunts, disc brakes, better steering/handling, new wheels, etc, etc, along with just finishing the restoration parts we have for it.
This place is one heck of a knowledge base from what I have seen and look forward to being part of the community. Thanks for having me and hope I don't get flamed too much for the 4-door hotrod!
One last pic for good measure :)

Edit: Forgot to mention she runs and drives just fine right now, just took a bit of work to wake her from that decade nap.

Took awhile to wake this one up to found her in about the same shape as yours only she was missing every trim piece . Took a long time to find the pieces have a few extras let me know what you need ..

·
Registered
540 Posts
Welcome from another newbee, you will find this site GREAT!! Already found some parts I needed.... All the best with your 4 door and the Family.....roid

·
Premium Member
1,699 Posts
I like your taste in Moredoors :D We have a 64 moredoor driver ourselves. Looks like they are about the same color.

Enjoy the site and welcome from central Illinois.

EarlyIIs

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Took awhile to wake this one up to found her in about the same shape as yours only she was missing every trim piece . Took a long time to find the pieces have a few extras let me know what you need ..

Wow she's a beaut! :D My brother has a set of those rally wheels I was thinking of putting on mine, they look hot. As far as the trim goes, I really need the straight piece on the quarter that is missing here (Would gladly pay someone of course!):

And looks like this:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts