Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello - George here. At 65 I am looking at my first classic - 63 SS Vert. I used to tune up and do only basics many years ago. I consider myself a newbie.
I have first dibs on a 63 SS Vert. It has the right trim/options, cowl plate has a Z, VIN starts with 30467W. What other sure fire way can I verify it is an SS. The seller seems like a great guy and I trust him, but the guy who sold him could have tricked him.

My biggest concern is the frame and pans. Seller says the rockers have been replaced(car repainted to), but said the pans and frame were good when rockers replaced. I read to look for sagging, door lines off and push at the corners of the car and look for the gaps of the doors to move/change.

I get my first look at the car in about 2 weeks. I've seen some good pics and discussed with owner in length. I'm prepping and any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance - George .

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys - The car has the dash trim, console, all the easy stuff. It has been pretty freshly repainted a different color with a like new top and has what looks to be the original 6 cylinder. I'll try to find a picture of the rockers so I know what they should look like.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everyone. Here are some pics. All opinions and help are welcome. Price is a hard thing. but if you can give a fair range from pics? Note - I can see the heater core is bypassed, damage to the passenger seat, Thank you again.
Automotive parking light Wheel Car Vehicle Tire
Automotive tail & brake light Hood Car Vehicle Automotive lighting
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Car seat cover
Car Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle Automotive design

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Seller does have the wipers. I don't know if the seller has the A/C compressor & condenser - I'll check. He said he has some parts in the trunk. The engine is supposed to be original so I assume it has the power guide trans.
All I have on the underside is the rockers are replaced. Pans and frame are supposed to be good. Does anyone have a good picture of the Vert underside?? I looked on line and don't know if it was a Vert. Thanks - George

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This should have been a question I ask earlier. I did ask the seller.

I may be a little shorter with age, but I am(was) 6-3 and 290 pounds. Think football lineman 65 years old with a bad driving knee. The seller told me how nice and wide the seats are. Any other tall guys out there that can tell me about the leg room?
My daily driver is a corolla. I can't go tighter than that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts