Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Say I was wondering what to use to touch up the "chrome plastic trim" in my dash and on the steering wheel and stuff like that. I haven't come across anything that really works very good.

Any suggestions?

Thanx fellers

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Blueline,
There is a product on the market from FaberCastell called uni-HALO. Its a metalic marker pen. Works quite well. You will find it at hobby shops, craft centers or check their web site.
Martin

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Much appreciated!! :D

I will be checking it out this weekend if not before.

Thanx --- Richard

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Richard,
Looks like I may have mis-informed you initially . I dug into my tool box this AM and found the paint stick that I used for my Nova. It's from KRYLON..called a silver leaf stick. Don't recall where I bought it though. The info on the stick indicate its a Sherwin-Williams product. I recall trying the other product I earlier referred to..This one works best and looks almost like the original finish. Good luck finding it.
Regards,
Martin

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow! It sure looks nice on your interior!! :)

Glad you let me know before I went on a big search for the wrong product. :D

If I can get my dash half as nice as yours I'll be way happy!! :p

Actually the interior of my 73 is really nice though it isn't all original, there's a custom dash pad and arm rests that the guy I bought it from's wife did that is really amazing, at least to me. ;) I wish I had the ability to do something like she did myself. My camera skills aint too hot either but I'll have to see if the digital camera will forgive me and give me some pics I can post. :)

Hey thanx agin for the help! :D

Richard

1 - 7 of 7 Posts