Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have to buy it and wondering if anyone on here has used jegs tin kit, It sells for about 630.00 to the door chassis engineering looks nicer and can get door panels bead rolled with bowtie on it, and s&w are a little more expensive accordingly800.00 up+ looking for best deal for the money, I know 2 guys local that can do it but they are way too proud$$$$$$$ of their work!

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
Do you have acess to a sheet metal brake and a bead roller?...oh, and lots of paperboard or cardboard to make templates. If you do, you can tin the car yourself by purchasing enough .040 sheet aluminum. It'll be way less expensive than buying those pre-formed kits that you'll have to spend just as much time altering to fit your application anyway. Just a thought to try and save you some money.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tools

Do you have acess to a sheet metal brake and a bead roller?...oh, and lots of paperboard or cardboard to make templates. If you do, you can tin the car yourself by purchasing enough .040 sheet aluminum. It'll be way less expensive than buying those pre-formed kits that you'll have to spend just as much time altering to fit your application anyway. Just a thought to try and save you some money.
Yea thinking it over would like to have brake and bead roller but shop space is limited and I am only building my car, good investment if I thought that I could go into business,yet another thought but the jegs kit looks to be the best route

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
Yea thinking it over would like to have brake and bead roller but shop space is limited and I am only building my car, good investment if I thought that I could go into business,yet another thought but the jegs kit looks to be the best route
I'm not suggesting that you buy those tools for one project, but more suggesting to see if there is anyone near you that has those tools that you can use/borrow?

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tools

I know what you meant Vin but like I said I know a couple guys local and they are real proud of their stuff, and it would cost me to "borrow" from them looking at a set up from harbor freight tool discounter outlet but don't know of the quality of the end result of using it but just the same thanks for the feed back I got some time yet, maybe I can gather up the coin needed to buy it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts