Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for pictures of your interior .... specifically the dash but would like to see pics of the whole thing. Getting ideas for redoing my interior. My 69 currently has a bench seat and stock dash and door panels that are in good shape. I like the look of the 6 gauge clusters in the dash. Anyone have a Dakota Digital dash setup?

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Go to this link and scroll to the bottom to see my custom seats, aftermarket steering wheel, and a partial view of the Dakota gauges...

https://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200936&page=98

Go here to see the work I did on refurbishing my dash, and for a look at the Dakota gauges not yet installed...

https://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200936&page=51

Here are the Dakota gauges installed, but the rest of the interior is not complete...

https://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200936&page=54

I just realized I don't seem to have a shot of the completed interior from a vantage point that shows the gauges very good. I'll have to take one for that.

I'd like to comment on the Dakota gauges after running them for a while. They're a combination of "oh wow" and "meh, could be better" - bot mostly the former. They have all sorts of features and you can add modules to them and such. The biggest disappointment for me was the size of the analog components - they are really small. The speedometer gauge is so small that it's near impossible to get an accurate reading while driving. You can tell about how fast you're going but if you're trying to nail it on a certain speed it can't be done. HOWEVER, there are two digital displays in the center, and you can choose what shows there. I set one of the displays for MPH and I get an easy-to-read exact number. Personally, I prefer analog sweeps, so that's why I'm less than happy with this particular setup.

The other disappointment for the Dakota gauges is that for automatic transmissions the gear indicator is a hundred dollar option you have to purchase separately, and it's not just plug-n-play - you have to install and calibrate it. For $800 I expect the cat to come with pajamas.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dash looks awesome rquad. Nice work on refinishing the dash and interior. I like the Nova logo on the headrests.
I too prefer the analog gauges to the digital ones because I think the digital gauges look "off" in a car that has not been fully resto-modded. Not to offend anyone that prefers digital over analog... thats just my opinion. Thanks for the post and for your review of the dakota gauge cluster.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nobody else on this whole awesome site is proud of their interior???? Stock or custom. Is there another thread that this has been done in already that I have missed or is everyone ashamed of what they have? :devil::D

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
:thumbsup:The pics are much nicer when there's no top in the way! Clean interior.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts